New verizon update and towelroot

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have any idea if towelroot will work after the new update? Could running towelroot brick the phone?

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't really mod much but I want to disable my home button from waking up my phone. The most annoying thing about the phone.

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

Tillyfms

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
yes it will trip knox because knox came with 4.3. Also you can change the home button from waking up your phone, but you must root.

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
It will not trip Knox.... And you must flash back to old ncg kernel through Odin then use towelroot and then update to the ne9 kernel again through Odin... I just did this on Sunday.. There are a couple of videos on YouTube on how to do this... And yes this IS for the verizon s5

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm using towelroot and have not tripped Knox... Isn't chainfire for the T-Mobile variant s5?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

DeadMoneyDrew

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Currently towelroot will not work. I installed the Verizon update the other day and also lost root access, and towelroot gives an error message. I'm in the same boat as you.

DeadMoneyDrew

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I found this video which claims to achieve rooting after the new update.

Since I'm relatively new to rooting, can someone smarter than me confirm that I understand what is being done in this tutorial? If I understand it correctly, the steps outlined are:

1) flash back to the previous kernel / system status since before the update
2) root using towelroot
3) install the current kernel

Correct?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok_w5sxEFC0#t=96

Last edited:

Tillyfms

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
i know how. you go into titanium backup and freeze something called svm(i think thats what its called). I used it and it workedd for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888