- 1 Posts
Screen won't turn off! HELP
I'm on a rooted stock rom 4.4.2 SM-6900V without the minor Verizon update. A few days ago I was messing with BootAnimations and replaced bootsamsung.qmg with the custom one. Then changed the size so it would fit my screen. I rebooted but there was no animation and went straight to my lock screen. So I restored the default one and rebooted, but this time there was no animation and my screen wouldn't turn off. I checked through GravityBox and XBlast to see if something was restricting the action but nothing was. I restarted multiple times, took the battery out and waited. Nothing. I even tried manual standby apps.
I am convinced I should just do a factory data reset. I have all my apps but no system data backed up with Titanium Backup. But I don't want to lose root access nor have to update to the new verizon 4.4.2 fix. Any ideas??
Thanks in advance
- 08-31-2014, 12:11 PM #2
- 1 Posts
Re: Screen won't turn off! HELP
Hey, having the same problem. I had originally changed the bootsamsung.qmg, bootsamsungloop.qmg and the PowerOn.ogg files to custom ones, but after trying to change them again I noticed that the power button no longer turns on the screen, nor does the 15 second timeout set to auto turn off my display. I even replaced all the files with the original ones and still no success. Did you figure out a way to fix it at all, or did you end up doing a full factory reset?
- By jhazon98 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 09-18-2014, 01:36 PM
- By masqupus in forum HTC One M8Replies: 7Last Post: 08-11-2014, 04:00 PM
- By GeorgieStanford in forum Samsung Galaxy AceReplies: 2Last Post: 08-11-2014, 03:21 AM
- By jlacck in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4Replies: 1Last Post: 08-09-2014, 08:36 PM
- By Joe Leal in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 08-06-2014, 03:03 PM