Screen won't turn off! HELP

MaTriiX 01

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I'm on a rooted stock rom 4.4.2 SM-6900V without the minor Verizon update. A few days ago I was messing with BootAnimations and replaced bootsamsung.qmg with the custom one. Then changed the size so it would fit my screen. I rebooted but there was no animation and went straight to my lock screen. So I restored the default one and rebooted, but this time there was no animation and my screen wouldn't turn off. I checked through GravityBox and XBlast to see if something was restricting the action but nothing was. I restarted multiple times, took the battery out and waited. Nothing. I even tried manual standby apps.

I am convinced I should just do a factory data reset. I have all my apps but no system data backed up with Titanium Backup. But I don't want to lose root access nor have to update to the new verizon 4.4.2 fix. Any ideas??

Thanks in advance

manbearpixel

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Hey, having the same problem. I had originally changed the bootsamsung.qmg, bootsamsungloop.qmg and the PowerOn.ogg files to custom ones, but after trying to change them again I noticed that the power button no longer turns on the screen, nor does the 15 second timeout set to auto turn off my display. I even replaced all the files with the original ones and still no success. Did you figure out a way to fix it at all, or did you end up doing a full factory reset?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08