HELP!!! S5 is freezing and closing apps after rooting 4.4.4

xazilizax

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 rooted and I'm having a big problem.

NOTE: I went to the XDA Developers site to use instructions to root my phone and started from step 3.
xda-developers>Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 5>Verizon Galaxy S 5 General>[GUIDE] [Updated] Safely Upgrade and Root (NI2) + VoLTE

After I un-rooted my phone, updated to 4.4.4 (NI2) and then started from Step 3 to re-root my phone, the root was successful, but my phone is still freezing A LOT and after it freezes, it restarts and there are apps spontaneously shutting off on me.... "Unfortunately, Google+ [or whatever random app it wants to close] has stopped." Another issue I noticed is that sometimes it will restart by itself and stay stuck on the Orange Verizon screen and it won't boot up. I have to pull the battery.

Can anyone help me with this? It's getting very annoying and I cannot use my phone properly.

Brandon Lindstrom

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I had this similar problem before upgrading to 4.4.4 and I'm not rooted. I'm having other issues as well with the Verizon upgrade. My notification tone is delayed by a minute from when the text comes in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome