Newbie Root Questions

mpbclutch33

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I just got a Galaxy s5(Verizon) about 3 weeks ago. I have been reading up on and watching youtube videos on how to root my phone and why. I had a couple questions....

1. Should I wait a couple weeks until Lollipop 5.0 comes OTA first?
2. Do I have to do a factory reset before I root?
3. If so, any recommended backup app besides gmail?
4. Is it possible to unroot your phone later?
5. What is the best and easiest root for the Verizon S5?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well it depends on how you root. It will be a bit before Lollipop can be rooted. Also, it not as easy to root with Towel Root now, the last security update blocked that. You can root it, but have to flash an old kernel. I've never rooted and followed these instructions and it was quite easy.

This method will require using Odin to flash the previous kernel, then you can root using Towel Root.

Also this does not trip Knox. Also this is for AT&T but you can find the info in the Verizon forum there. The correct Verizon Kernel and it will work the same way.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-galaxy-s5/general/g900and3tong3keeprootota-zip-t2862299

cassandra bauer

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Ummmm..... holy guac!!!! All I needed to do was Remove a file with thousands of my pictures from the root storage to the device storage so that I could access them some how!?! Please help!

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance