Samsung Galaxy S5 yellow tint of the screen

Kate Sully

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Hey there.. Hey there. I got my brand new S5 today. I noticed a yellowish tint on the whites of the screen which is very noticeable compared to my galaxy tab 10.1 2014 and my pc screen. I used to have this problem on my S3 but now the phone is brand new.. is it normal ? PLease help ... The white screen is just not white just yellowish and not as white as my LG G3

I don't know what to do... I got 2 LG G3 and returned them both cause they overheated a lot. Now I got the S5 instead and the white of the screen is so yellow.... I don't want to return this one too and I won't be able to even if I have to.. so... Is this normal...

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure that its normal, but if it concerns you, then return it. You have an investment that will likely be yours for months/years to come, so it's best to make sure you are able to live with it without hardware issues. Plus, if the tint is something that could have an underlying issue (bad lcd panel) then it's best to return it for a new one now, rather than having to deal with a problem down the road.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue and the yellowish green tint only happened when I pressed the back of home button. Verioasked me to do a factory reset a day it seemed to fix the problem but I requested a warranty exchange just in case it was hardware.... Guess what? The replacement does the same only not as bad... So I assume it's software

Posted via the Android Central App

deke40

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
My wife and I got S5s at the same time and hers would turn a yellowish color but you could
press around on the left upper side and it would change back to the usuall bright colors.

After about 6 or 7 months it would turn black and was much harder to recover the normal
screen colors. Finally took it in and they had to replace the screen. Said it was probably the
clip connector between the LCD and the CPU.

Going on two weeks and and it is performing flawlessly.

Posted via the Android Central App