spy software

imrl393

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Good evening. I am rather new to this group but have a question. My current girlfriend has an s4 and we think her bf has some how hacked the phone so he can see texts, phones calls and everything. I have looked through the application manager but was unable to find any software that didn't look too suspicious. Is there any way to ensure that there isn't any on her phone without doing a full reset. is there any software out there that you can use to look more into the programs and anything that is hidden.

Jeff

mike morgano

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Hello
Most software that is considered spy software can be removed by simply factory reseting, if that doesnt work than you might need to replace phone. That form of software can get stuck in the bios. Its kinda complicated. Again try and factory reset. You'll never find it in the system software.

bldg

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello
You'll never find it in the system software.

Are you saying that it's possible for the malware to not show up at all in the running applications list? Or do you mean that it's likely going to be disguised as a normal system process and hard to find?

Detectionable

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Could be he has the login to the backup account that texts and pics etc get backed up to

Tell her to change her passwords on every account the phone is logged into

Personally I'd reset

Elie Menasche

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
depending on how much of a tech guy he was. It is possible he has the phone information, all is needed is a name and phone number on the account, access to internet and you can simply gain access with various companies to see call and texts, even just calls from certain people like if he wanted to keep an eye on you. Factory Data reset would be useful like the first reply i saw, but maybe even change account information. With verizon, everything is backed up on the cloud, if he has the right information, he can access that way as well. Verizon Cloud backs up from calls to messages, pictures, nearly everything and does automatic syncing.

Roscco

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
current girlfriend has an s4 and we think her bf has some how hacked the phone so he can see texts, phones calls and everything
Jeff

Pretty sure you mean ex-Bf but all the same lol (NO offence meant, just read a bit strange)
Hope you can resolve this, Ross

Last edited:

Brian Baldwin

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
that would be my thought - back up app that is backing up messages to an email account, or cloud server. Some could be set to only run in the back ground and not show in the application list. Best to do a factory reset, and then change password on google account. Go through and see what gets installed at that point. Dont think I have ever heard of anything really being added to a point its in the kernal or memory etc... for an android phone. So once reset you should be fine.

road_kill

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Idk there are some apps that can still work even after a factory restore. They have to be rooted and they are designed to evade a phone cleaning.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang