Install interrupted at 25% (AT&T)

Susdit_genre

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Every time I try to update my firmware, the install is interrupted. It will get to around 25 or 26 percent, and stop. The update is about 135 MB in size. I've tried wiping my cache and clearing the data for Download Manager. I am rooted and am running 4.4.2. I attached a screenshot of my baseband version and such. I've had my phone since June.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-11-16-28-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-11-16-28-20.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Evertime I try to update my firmware, the install is interrupted. It will get to around 25 or 26 percent, and stop. The update is about 135 MB in size. I've tried wiping my cache and clearing the data for Download Manager. I am rooted and am running 4.4.2. I attached a screenshot of my baseband version and such. I've had my phone since June.

Don't take OTA updates when rooted!

Susdit_genre

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I uprooted and tried again. When it first restarted, it started with "Updating... 25%" Then it went to "Installing... 0%" and when it got to 25%, it switched to "Updating... 25%" and then said Update Failed.

telrod11

May 8, 2013
Visit site
You have a couple of choices, I experienced the same thing:
-Go to best buy and see if the samsung experience rep will help you (he wouldn't /couldn't help me)
-Go to an att corporate store and have them try;this didn't work for me either, but I was still under warranty and they sent me another phone.

anon(1017475)

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If you really want to take the 5.0 OTA...your best bet at this point is going to be to re-root...and do a clean flash of the stock 4.4.2 ROM...then take the OTA.

Keep in mind...you should backup anything you have on your phone before doing this and also keep in mind, that at this current time...there is not a way to root the ATT GS5 on the Lollipop LRX21T.G900AUCU3BOC4 build.