Rooting Phone

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
I have never rooted a phone before so before I do I was wondering is it best to do or should I leave it alone.

Right now I have the latest update and my phone is from version.

Thank you.

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It really depends on what you want to do and if it's worth the risk to you.

If you're happy with the stuff your phone can do right now, leave Rooting alone. Don't touch it. Don't think about it. Trust me, you're better off.

If you have an 'itch' and want to try to push your phone a bit harder, like 'tricking' it into thinking the SD card is part of the internal memory and allowing you to actually install full apps there or applying hacks like making any app Multi-Window-compatible, then go ahead, you need to root. But think twice before doing it and make sure that the stuff you want to do is worth the risk.

If you want to install a different ROM to your phone, then you have no choice. You NEED root. Don't think about it. Just do it. Because if you have to install a ROM and you know what these are, then it means you know what you're doing and what you're getting into.

Now for the 'disclaimer' part of this. Rooting means opening the doors of your device and leaving them wide open. This means that no file is 'sacred' anymore. Do something wrong, delete or modify the wrong file, and that's it. There's no (easy) going back. You can brick your device. Also you leave the door potentially open to hacking, since the files are no longer protected. So if you root, make sure you know what you're doing and the apps/hacks you use come from a trustworthy source. Also remember that rooting voids your warranty (Knox will trip the counter), that some apps restrict their use if they detect rooting (technically, you could record video streams on a rooted device, so some streaming apps won't work if rooted), and that IIRC, you won't receive OTA updates if rooted (or maybe you do, but if you update you lose root... something like that).

Here's an interesting read on root.
There is no magic in root | Android Central

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
I think I'll just leave it alone can't seem to make things work anyways like they say stuff is to work lol like that drive mode and stuff.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon