I'm an *****......

Chris Bice1

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Ok, so I am not a stupid guy, but I have my moments. I have thought for some time now that I wanted to root my S5. I wanted to be able to get rid of all of the bloatware that I never will use on my phone, and thought it would be cool to get a nifty custom ROM. My phone is rooted, Root Checker says so. But I have trouble.

My system info -
Carrier - US Cellular
Model - SM-G900R4

So here is my problem. My phone now, on reboot, says "Unfortunately the System UI has stopped". Also, when I try to download Titanium Backup from the Play store, it says that the Package Helper has stopped.

I have tried wiping the cache, but that does nothing.

Have I bricked my phone? What are my options here? Will a wipe and install a new ROM fix it?

HELP?? Please have pity on me.

Zachary Boddy

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I have an idea what you did but no idea how to fix it. I hope someone else has the answer for you.
I don't think you've bricked your phone. That's actually much more difficult to do then people seem to think.

Chris Bice1

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Really? No one has any advise on what I can do to fix my phone?

Here is some more information. Root Checker says that it is in fact rooted. When I opened SuperSU, it never did ask me if I wanted to disable Knoxx.

I am really afraid that I am going to have to replace the phone to get all of my notifications back, to be able to download software, etc.

I understand that I am not a regular here on these forums, but I am at a loss.

Zachary Boddy

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Really? No one has any advise on what I can do to fix my phone?

Here is some more information. Root Checker says that it is in fact rooted. When I opened SuperSU, it never did ask me if I wanted to disable Knoxx.

I am really afraid that I am going to have to replace the phone to get all of my notifications back, to be able to download software, etc.

I understand that I am not a regular here on these forums, but I am at a loss.

Hard reset first, and look for improvements.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad