Voice Typing in apps not working

adriaanrm

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi All
I have recently rooted and installed a custom rom on my Galaxy S5 SM-G900I model.
I first tried the Bliss-Pop ROM compatible with my model and it worked great apart from two hiccups - Ferocious on my battery life and my sView flip cover does not work with it.
I am now trying the XtreStolLite ROM with the touchwiz UI. All seemed great but when I tried voice typing in any app (Chrome, Messaging etc) it did not work. The google keyboard shows the mic but tapping it has no effect. Samsung stock does not show the mike. (I am aware of the options to make it show) "Ok Google" works fine voice activated, nothing else though.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi All
I have recently rooted and installed a custom rom on my Galaxy S5 SM-G900I model.
I first tried the Bliss-Pop ROM compatible with my model and it worked great apart from two hiccups - Ferocious on my battery life and my sView flip cover does not work with it.
I am now trying the XtreStolLite ROM with the touchwiz UI. All seemed great but when I tried voice typing in any app (Chrome, Messaging etc) it did not work. The google keyboard shows the mic but tapping it has no effect. Samsung stock does not show the mike. (I am aware of the options to make it show) "Ok Google" works fine voice activated, nothing else though.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Hello and welcome to Android Central adriaanrm!

Not tried this ROM but maybe this post may help...

Ah okay now I understand you.
But indeed, Voice typing function depends on the Google Search app.
When you install this app, and download an voice recognition language (in Google Search) then you will get the Voice typing function.

adriaanrm

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi Ironass. Did look at that post and have installed Google app (replacement for Google Search) I have installed English(Australian) and in Voice Input have enabled enhanced google services. All to no avail.
May just have to ask the developer of the ROM directly.
Thanks for the suggestion

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi Ironass. Did look at that post and have installed Google app (replacement for Google Search) I have installed English(Australian) and in Voice Input have enabled enhanced google services. All to no avail.
May just have to ask the developer of the ROM directly.
Thanks for the suggestion

Try installing English (US), (that's a contradiction in terms!), and see if that makes a difference. Otherwise a post on the dev's forum is your best bet.

adriaanrm

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi Ironass. They ought to pay you more, who'd have thought it was that simple. Changed it to English US and hey presto. Mike is back in the stock keyboard and works. Cheers and thanks for your advise.