How to tell if i have a touchwiz or AOSP rom?

anon(8952261)

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
So I updated my rooted kitkat 4.4.2 to lollipop 5.0. From there I tried to get xposed to work on my 5.0 lollipop. I downloaded the 5.0 version from: Xposed for Lollipop [Android 5.0/5.1/5.1.1] | HighOnAndroid.com and I had to manually flash the SDK via flashfire. It presented me with two options for the SDK, the one for touchwiz and the other for AOSP (arm, arm 64). I don't want to brick my phone and have to reflash it with ODIN (always annoying when I do that). How do I tell whether I have a touchwhiz or an AOSP. Here is the lollipop rom I'm using: Download GalaxyS5/SM-G900A/rooted/lollipop at StockROMs.net

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
So I updated my rooted kitkat 4.4.2 to lollipop 5.0. From there I tried to get xposed to work on my 5.0 lollipop. I downloaded the 5.0 version from: Xposed for Lollipop [Android 5.0/5.1/5.1.1] | HighOnAndroid.com and I had to manually flash the SDK via flashfire. It presented me with two options for the SDK, the one for touchwiz and the other for AOSP (arm, arm 64). I don't want to brick my phone and have to reflash it with ODIN (always annoying when I do that). How do I tell whether I have a touchwhiz or an AOSP. Here is the lollipop rom I'm using: Download GalaxyS5/SM-G900A/rooted/lollipop at StockROMs.net

That's an easy one to answer as it will be a Touchwiz based ROM because of the G900A's locked bootloader, it cannot accept AOSP ROM's.

anon(8952261)

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
That's an easy one to answer as it will be a Touchwiz based ROM because of the G900A's locked bootloader, it cannot accept AOSP ROM's.

Ah well I like a fool acted pre-emptively and installed the AOSP rom and soft bricked my phone like a fool. However, I can fix that with ODIN. One thing though I can only find a stock normal 4.4.2 rom not an already rooted one. Do you know where I can find an already rooted one for the G900A as I've had trouble finding one.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I was rather hoping you would be familiar with it as it is from the same website as the ROM you mention in post #1 and already have installed on your phone. Is it a flashable .zip?

Failing that, you could just download the stock ATT, NCE, firmware and flash it and then re-root again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech