S5 Stuck on Samsung logo after flashing Philz recovery, how can I get off?

A

AC Question

S5 Stuck on samsung logo after flashing Philz recovery

This is the first time I'm rooting my phone. Process went smooth upto granting Super user excess to RashR (Flash Tool). And Download Philz Recovery Zip. After that I can only see Samsung Logo. Please Help!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: S5 Stuck on samsung logo after flashing Philz recovery

Mod Note, I will move this to the s5 forum for more visibility

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

You will need to use TWRP custom recovery if you are on Lollipop. PhilZ abandoned his custom recovery some time ago.

complexiscool

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site

I used Odin with this file - CF-Auto-Root-k3g-k3gxx-smg900h.tar(the process I used for rooting). It has come out of boot sleep. When I'm trying to go into recovery mode, it gets stuck at Logo. My phone is working right now but doesn't go into recovery mode. Can you help me solve this? I want to try Marshmallow. My model is G900H. Thanks!

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

I used Odin with this file - CF-Auto-Root-k3g-k3gxx-smg900h.tar(the process I used for rooting). It has come out of boot sleep. When I'm trying to go into recovery mode, it gets stuck at Logo. My phone is working right now but doesn't go into recovery mode. Can you help me solve this? I want to try Marshmallow. My model is G900H. Thanks!

Hello and welcome to Android Central complexiscool!

It sounds as though you may have the Reactivation lock set to on. See video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMEwX1-Tzhg

complexiscool

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site

I checked in Security Settings and Reactivation Lock is unchecked. Doesn't seem like mine is same problem as shown in video. In my case, when I try to boot into Recovery mode, it gets stuck at Samsung Logo. Can this be a case of soft brick?(I don't exactly know what this is, I googled my problem and lead to it) If that is the case, can you guide me to a link to apt solution. Also how to install Marshmallow in my S5 G900H model. Thanks! :)

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

I checked in Security Settings and Reactivation Lock is unchecked. Doesn't seem like mine is same problem as shown in video. In my case, when I try to boot into Recovery mode, it gets stuck at Samsung Logo. Can this be a case of soft brick?(I don't exactly know what this is, I googled my problem and lead to it) If that is the case, can you guide me to a link to apt solution. Also how to install Marshmallow in my S5 G900H model. Thanks! :)

1. Have you installed a custom recovery or are you on stock?

2. Are you following the correct procedure for booting into recovery mode?

3. Which custom Marshmallow ROM do you want to install?

harpritpal

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
My rooted phone stuck on samsung logo. I went to recovery screen and checked the version of my stock rom. Googled and downloaded that stock rom. Installed odin and through it installed the downloaded stock rom in my galaxy s5. Now my phone is unrooted and is perfectly working on marshmallow. Credit goes to you guys for info and directions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae