How To Climb The Verizon Root Ladder From My Current Version?

Tom Ashley1

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for viewing my thread. I'm on S5 Verizon. I'm currently running BOC4 and have root. There have been several patches and updates since that version and I want to get to the latest version (Too bad I can't install CM13). My question is: Do I need to incrementally go through the patches and updates, rooting them along the way. I think there have been several patches and one update since the version I have installed. I found this list:

Firmware OA8 Build date 27 JAN 15 Changelist #3846539 UPDATE

Firmware OC4 Build date 18 MAR 15 Changelist #3846539 PATCH

Firmware OD5 Build date 29 APR 15 Changelist #4782027 UPDATE

Firmware OE1 Build date 18 JUN 15 Changelist #4782027 PATCH

Firmware OG5 Build date 31 JUL 15 Changelist #4782027 PATCH

Firmware OK3 Build date 17 NOV 15 Changelist #4782027 PATCH

And there might be more recent updates I'm not aware of. My phone downloaded an update a very long time ago (Obviously given the version I'm running) and has been pestering me to install it for a long time. How should I proceed to get the latest version and keep root?

TYVM!!!

Tom Ashley1

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the link.
I asked a question in the FlashFire thread but didn't get an answer. Maybe someone else can answer it...

I'm upgrading my s5 verizon and I'd like to keep my app data/settings/files. Which backup option should I use? Normal? Full? Raw? I have plenty of SD card space. And then should i move the backup to my computer and then back to my phone after flashing? Any directory I should be aware of or it will tell me?

thanks