I have a Virgin Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5, i have the moar rom installed. any other roms out there?

A

AC Question

Any other roms that wont make me lose my data that i can use to test out that wont make me lose my data?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I have the SM-G900P = Sprint model. Thank you very much for responding :)

Usually, when flashing different custom ROMs, it is always advisable to do a Factory Data Reset before flashing. There are a selection of custom ROMs for the Sprint, G900P, model, here.

ArmondCroom

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the suggestion but I know where to get the Roms for my phone but since my carrier is virgin mobile my phone loses data...I just wanna know are there any other Roms out there for me? Or am I stuck with this moar ROM?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the suggestion but I know where to get the Roms for my phone but since my carrier is virgin mobile my phone loses data...I just wanna know are there any other Roms out there for me? Or am I stuck with this moar ROM?

Sounds like you need to find a flashable .zip file for the Virgin Canada modem/baseband and you could flash that on to a Sprint custom ROM.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
TOP TIP: You may want to restore your stock Virgin Canada firmware as a little bird has told me that they are rolling out Marshmallow, Android 6.0.1, stock firmware update, anytime now.

ArmondCroom

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Can you point me in the right direction to be able to restore it to stock? I'm still a noob to rooting honestly. And like for instance I can't use my data or send messages or anything if I use a different rom other than Moar. I would like to be able to try other rooms out without losing my data.

Posted via the Android Central App

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Can you point me in the right direction to be able to restore it to stock? I'm still a noob to rooting honestly.

You will need to give me your phone's Product code before I can direct you to the stock Virgin firmware download. See #1.8 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

And like for instance I can't use my data or send messages or anything if I use a different rom other than Moar. I would like to be able to try other rooms out without losing my data.

When you say data, you mean a data signal and not the data, (documents, photos, etc: ), on your phone? If so, then the issue could well be that you do not have the correct modem firmware for Virgin in other custom ROMs.

ArmondCroom

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
It says product code not active. And yes i meant my data signal. The only rom I was ever able to install was the Moar rom because I don't lose my data signal.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
It says product code not active. And yes i meant my data signal. The only rom I was ever able to install was the Moar rom because I don't lose my data signal.

The custom ROM has wiped the Product code then. It happens sometimes. OK, I guess it was this stock firmware for Product code VMU that you need to download and flash in Odin by carefully reading and following the instructions in the links of #1.11 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

Model SM-G900P
Model name GALAXY S5
Country Unknown
Version Android 5.0
Changelist 4781399
Build date Tue, 10 Nov 2015 07:37:35 +0000
Product code VMU
PDA G900PVPU3BOK4
CSC G900PSPT3BOK4

Make sure you back up everything prior to flashing as your phone may require a Factory Data Reset when reverting from a custom ROM to stock firmware, if it will not boot. See, Backup! Backup! Backup! NOW!

ArmondCroom

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes that's correct but I'd just rather install other custom rooms first without losing my data signal. If you can help me i would appreciate it. If I don't have a computer to restore my phone to stock right now.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Yes that's correct but I'd just rather install other custom rooms first without losing my data signal. If you can help me i would appreciate it. If I don't have a computer to restore my phone to stock right now.

I do not know of any custom ROMs that are designed specifically for the Virgin model and baseband of the G900P. I am afraid it is a case of going through custom ROMs and searching for Virgin compatible ones. Maybe a post on the xda forum linked in post #5, above.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown