Root for SM-G900V on 6.0.1

tclark333

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
How far did you get on this?

My wife has the exact same version phone with Verizon, but she switched to T-Mobile and keeps getting Verizon voicemail notifications that she can't delete because she doesn't have service with them anymore. I was trying to root it to see if I could disable the voicemail that way, but I haven't found a lot of success stories in people getting this particular phone/version rooted.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Does this method still work?

Hello and welcome to Android Central avatar5019!

AFAIK, yes it does as Verizon has not updated its, "actual", firmware since May 2016... apart from security patches. It all depends on your phone's eMMC type. See post #16.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
My eMMC type is Samsung. What next?

Then, it would appear, you have a rootable model and can therefore continue with the instructions in post #16 and downgrade to Lollipop, Android 5.0, and root your firmware. Rooting is for experienced and competent users and all stages should be carefully and thoroughly read before proceeding. I cannot personally vouch for the process as the Global models of the Samsung Galaxy S5 do not have the rooting restrictions that Verizon place on their own G900V model.

Pcrcol

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
So 2017, there is still no way to root a Verizon 6.0.1 Galaxy S5 G900V?

Why is that there are a hundred video tutorials (recent one's) on Youtube, with a million views, saying "Root any Galaxy S5 6.0.1 verizon" and they have lots of likes, not fake likes, they seem to actually be working for the majority of the people trying it.

?? Is it just this one particular build model that is in the 1% that does not work? SM-G900V? Why is that? I dont get it...

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I am afraid that now support for the Galaxy S5 is ending, we are seeing owners worldwide, looking to root their phones that they now own so that they can de-bloat them, flash custom ROM's that are still supported with Google security patches, update to Nougat or just switch carriers.

This is not a problem in 195 of the 196 countries, worldwide and all the 42 Samsung Galaxy S5 phones, both carrier free and branded... save for... the Land of the Free! :(

See #1.6 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

Pcrcol

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
So, that's a yes? As in Still no way to root a Verizon 6.0.1 Galaxy S5 G900V?

I am afraid that now support for the Galaxy S5 is ending, we are seeing owners worldwide, looking to root their phones that they now own so that they can de-bloat them, flash custom ROM's that are still supported with Google security patches, update to Nougat or just switch carriers.

This is not a problem in 195 of the 196 countries, worldwide and all the 42 Samsung Galaxy S5 phones, both carrier free and branded... save for... the Land of the Free! :(

See #1.6 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Why is that there are a hundred video tutorials (recent one's) on Youtube, with a million views, saying "Root any Galaxy S5 6.0.1 verizon" and they have lots of likes, not fake likes, they seem to actually be working for the majority of the people trying it.

So, that's a yes? As in Still no way to root a Verizon 6.0.1 Galaxy S5 G900V?

Can you post a link to one of these videos that claims to be able to root the Verizon, G900V, model on Android 6.0.1.

Last edited:

Evembeck

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
I've been reading a lot of questions out there regarding people wanting to root their S5 on 6.0.1 I found an app called BK package disabler PRO by KunKunSoft from the Google Play Store that I used instead this way you can get rid of all the bloatware without voiding your warranty. Hope this helps! Make sure you only get the one from this guy

Last edited:

Simkedusan

Aug 26, 2017
Visit site
Hello -

I have the same specification on my Galaxy S5 and have not been able to find a compatible root. I even paid a service to assist and they did not have a solution (tried two different options). From their perspective, I will need to downgrade the build on my existing phone before it can be rooted. I'll continue to research and let you know what I find.

PG

How to downgrade when i can't root phone