Need A Lot Of Help

BLazeking558

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys! I was hoping I could figure this out myself, but seeing as I haven't I resulted in asking the community for help!

I have been on here countless times resolving plenty of issues with my phone, but I cannot seem to find the right answer to my problem or problems!

So here it goes!

Okay, so, I have a galaxy S5 Active (G870A) and Windows 10. I am trying to unroot it and start fresh again since everything seems to be messing up with the phone i.e not charging when plugged into wall outlet or computer or car, not wanting to connect to computer etc.

I am currently trying to get it to connect to my computer so I can do what I need to do in order to start clean and fresh again, but for some reason I keep getting "USB device not recognized"

img_5756769a17d6c.png

I have tried everything the internet as told me to do. Change usb settings in my power plan. Unplug power supply, turn off computer, plug in USB. Reinstalling drivers etc. It has just started doing this for some odd reason and I have no idea what it is and yes I have put in *#0808# to change the USB settings. I've tried updating my phone (nope), I've tried updating my windows (nope), I've reinstalled my chipset (nope)

Right now, any advice will be very helpful Thank you guys!

OH! I can try and send a debug list if that would help you guys???? Not sure! If there is any info you need please let me know!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Mod note. I moved your thread to the S5 Rooting, ROMs & Hacks where it'll be easier getting feedback from other owners.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hello and welcome to Android Central BLazeking558!

Sorry to learn you are having problems with your S5 Active. From your in-depth description of the issue and the steps you have taken to remedy it, it appears that you have tried all the steps that I would have recommended. The time has possibly come to put it in the hands of Samsung as there may be a real possibility that the problem could lie with the phone's hardware. If you have not already tried it, a long shot might be to try another PC with Samsung's Smart Switch installed, to see if you can get a connection. Other than that, I am at a loss for alternatives.

BLazeking558

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
Thank you so much for your response!! Yeah. I have tried everything, but I have not tried the smart switch because I have never heard of it! Again, thank you for your response! I am due for an upgrade anyways so I might just go in and trade this phone in for something else!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21