Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S5-Let the Rumors Begin

I bought my S4 and I thought that I will stick with it for a lot of years. But I gotta admit that I'm getting curious about the Galaxy S5 and I may just buy it :O

I would expect a 5.2 inch display, but a 5.5 inch screen GS5 will be to close to the Note 3. For as much as I would like to see 4k video recording as an added feature, i truly hope they can improve the video recording quality of 1080p. Increase the bitrate and add more stability to the video recording. It stutters too much when panning. Although i've seen this with most smartphones I've tried.

I do wonder what processor they will be using for the Galaxy S4

Default Samsung Galaxy S5-Let the Rumors Begin

I'm probably gonna sell my s4 a month or two before the release of the s5 to help cover the cost of it off contract. Can't wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Touchwiz new era! Like Sense 5 did on HTC,we should expect a brand new OS.
    5.2'' a la G2 with very narrow borders.
    Blend of metal and plastic body.
    New Amoled technology with increased brightness and battery saving efficiency.
    Camera 13 or 16mp with OIS
    STERO SPEAKERS

20nm ARM processors clocked at 3GHz coming 2014

20nm ARM-based processors clocked at 3GHz on schedule for debut in 2014, reports suggest

The world’s first ARM-based 20nm mobile processors will begin production next year and unlike the current crop of chipsets this next-generation of silicon will be capable of clockspeeds of around 3GHz per core. ...

20nm ARM processors clocked at 3GHz coming 2014 | Know Your Mobile

Could this possibly be what will run the Galaxy S5 or is Samsung likely going another route? Considering that the new iPhone 5S is scoring really high in the benchmarks, I assume that Samsung really wants to over take them again and possibly so much so that a new iPhone 6 might not be able to catch up.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I hope that it is at least as fast as close to 3Ghz processor with 3GB of RAM and starts at 32GB storage with a larger battery. Lose the pentile display. Maybe a LCD2 HD display. Improved low light capabilities on the camera. Larger battery and lose the plastic case. Hoping for newest charging port like the Note 3. Keep screen size at 5 inches. Android 4.4 OS at launch.

Global Posts
    5,352 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Although the Galaxy S5 will probably tempt me, my contract ends by summer 2015.

Anyway, I'm inclined to believe that something like the GS3 and the GS4 will happen: whatever the GS5 is, the GS6 will be better, faster and more refined.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

Any new updates on the S5?

I doubt the s5 while have the same size screen as the note 3

Posted via Android Central App

I hear the headphone jack is going to be on the bottom