When can we expect the Galaxy S5 to launch?

jorGeorge

May 16, 2011
Visit site
On Verizon Wireless...Been rocking the Galaxy Nexus for almost two years now and want to upgrade. Have my eye on the Note 3 but if the S5 isn't going to be too far ahead and especially with much better specs than I'm willing to wait.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
On Verizon Wireless...Been rocking the Galaxy Nexus for almost two years now and want to upgrade. Have my eye on the Note 3 but if the S5 isn't going to be too far ahead and especially with much better specs than I'm willing to wait.

The first thing I would say is TouchWiz going on a diet....

jorGeorge

May 16, 2011
Visit site
The first thing I would say is TouchWiz going on a diet....
So you're thinking TouchWiz will be toned down a lot on the S5? Honestly I've played around with my mom's S4 and a Note 3 in store and I really don't mind it. Although that might be because I'm so used to stock google UI and anything different is giving me that "wow" feeling...

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So you're thinking TouchWiz will be toned down a lot on the S5? Honestly I've played around with my mom's S4 and a Note 3 in store and I really don't mind it. Although that might be because I'm so used to stock google UI and anything different is giving me that "wow" feeling...

I am hoping that TW will be toned down. An OS taking up nearly 8GB is absurd.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Honest answer: No on knows. Anyone that says they know is lying.

Answer from past experience: Announcement in march/April. Release in may/June.

Some posted a "rumor" that it would be closer to a February announcement. I think it is a load of baseless garbage.

jorGeorge

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Honest answer: No on knows. Anyone that says they know is lying.

Answer from past experience: Announcement in march/April. Release in may/June.

Some posted a "rumor" that it would be closer to a February announcement. I think it is a load of baseless garbage.
Gotcha. Looks like I'll be jumping on the Note 3 then.

NexusNick123

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I did not touchwiz I had t for 4 months and got the Nexus 5. but some people see it different. I would wait to see what and if the holiday season bring anything i don't think so but if it is between the note 3 or GS4 I would go with note 3

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't mind Touchwiz either. That being said, I always root and use a different browser anyways, so I don't really utilize most of the TW features.
I also don't see the S5 being available until late Spring/early summer (which is normally when the Galaxy series has been released) Of course the International version always comes out a month two prior, so we'll see.
(Looking forward to it as well. But am more interested in the newer high end Galaxy "F" series)

tap'n

jorGeorge

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Any Verizon promotions going on at the moment? Also any experiences upgrading through Amazon? They are offering it for $249 as opposed to $299 from Verizon..

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, but that's a false assumption. It's not plastic per se, but polycarbonate and very durable. I've owned two Galaxy phones for the past 4+ years and never had a problem with the back cracking or breaking. (And I remove the back cover frequently) Not to mention, it will be in a case anyways.....at least if you make a habit of taking care of your smartphones.
Just my 2 cents :)

tap'n