• 5 Post By droidman2177
  • 1 Post By effreyj
  • 1 Post By I Can Be Your Hero
  • 2 Post By ab304945
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    413 Global Posts

Default Wait for Moto X2 or get the S5

Here is the conundrum I'm currently tossing around. I love my Moto X. It does everything I need it to do. Do I really need all the nuclear power possibly offered by the S5?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Wait for Moto X2 or get the S5

Probably not. But with the X2 you'll probably get the beter experience overall. Do you want loads of futures, top of the line specs to be able to run the new version of touchwiz with x10 more stuff that it doesnt need or work. Or a nice device that will be perfect for you.

Yes you do. More POWER!!! I'm excited to see the next generations of all the flagships - S5, G3, One -Two, Nexus 6, Moto X2, should all be pretty good.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hodan View Post
    Yes you do. More POWER!!! I'm excited to see the next generations of all the flagships - S5, G3, One -Two, Nexus 6, Moto X2, should all be pretty good.
    Personally if given choice I would currently choose the S4 over the X, but I'm not sure at all the same would be true about eh S5/X2. I would wait to see what the rumors are saying, since there is plenty of time until both phones are announced.
    Proud LG G2 Owner!

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

how about comparing them side by side when they come out instead of spending your money so fast.

I think both are going to be awesome phones, but we are at a crossroad with screen tech and that would make the decision for me...
    neiljay6 likes this.

MOAR COREZ!

But seriously, if your Moto X does everything you need it to, checks all your personal boxes, and you're happy, just be happy with it. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.
    neiljay6 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Foramex View Post
    Personally if given choice I would currently choose the S4 over the X, but I'm not sure at all the same would be true about eh S5/X2. I would wait to see what the rumors are saying, since there is plenty of time until both phones are announced.
    I'm not a fan of AMOLED displays or of Touchwiz...but the rumors on the new S5 are insane. I've read 4gb memory, 64 bit processor, it's gonna be a monster no matter what.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hodan View Post
    I'm not a fan of AMOLED displays or of Touchwiz...but the rumors on the new S5 are insane. I've read 4gb memory, 64 bit processor, it's gonna be a monster no matter what.
    Do you understand in smartphones? Just because it will be 4gb and 64bit doesn't mean that it's gonna be a monster... Seriously only post in the forum if you know what you're talking about, because you obviously don't..
    Proud LG G2 Owner!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    413 Global Posts

Keeping true to my phone whoring fetish, I got a Nexus 5 on a spare line. Couldn't help myself. Something alluring about all of those scantily clad cores..

Global Posts
    5,528 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post
    Keeping true to my phone whoring fetish, I got a Nexus 5 on a spare line. Couldn't help myself. Something alluring about all of those scantily clad cores..

There you go. Now just get the X2. You have the top of the line specs with the N5 so you won't need the S5. TouchWiz is probably still going to suck

Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever

- - - Updated - - -

Do you understand in smartphones? Just because it will be 4gb and 64bit doesn't mean that it's gonna be a monster... Seriously only post in the forum if you know what you're talking about, because you obviously don't..
    Lighten up. And stop being a jerk to this guy. What is wrong with you?
    Thanked by 3:

Agreed.

We're already at a point where specs are good enough and software is what's determining performance more than hardware, and that's where Moto has the advantage over Samsung.
    tr-1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by effreyj View Post
    We're already at a point where specs are good enough and software is what's determining performance more than hardware, and that's where Moto has the advantage over Samsung.
    This is what I'm hearing from people. I'm still clinging to my Samsung Galaxy Nexus, but I may have to just jump on the Moto X now. Was hoping I could wait it out until later this year and get whatever new Motorola phone comes out. We will see.

I think your best bet would be to wait for both these devices to be announced, see what they offer, maybe play test them at a store and then decide from there.
    neiljay6 likes this.

Why would you stay with the x?

17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    413 Global Posts

In light of Google's recent announcement to sell Moto, I pulled my SIM back out of my beloved Moto X and popped it back into my Nexus 5. I really loved that Moto X, but I'm putting my next-purchase heart towards the S5. Now it won't really matter if there is a Lenovo X2.

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post
    In light of Google's recent announcement to sell Moto, I pulled my SIM back out of my beloved Moto X and popped it back into my Nexus 5. I really loved that Moto X, but I'm putting my next-purchase heart towards the S5. Now it won't really matter if there is a Lenovo X2.
    You mean Lemoto X2 lol anyways it's going to be an interesting year as good as the batteries got larger at the end of 2013 I would like to see better endurance in this field.

The S5 rumours are sounding good but we have to wait n see what actually transpires.

The X2 or S5 would be an impossible one to decide until release as you would be basing your decision upon rumour and unless that is your thing then my advice would be to wait until official release.

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    There you go. Now just get the X2. You have the top of the line specs with the N5 so you won't need the S5. TouchWiz is probably still going to suck

Based on your opinion. I happen to like touchwiz

Premium1 and neiljay6 like this.

Dudes lenovo is not going to change much at Motorola just because a new company owns them. The moto x/g line is probably going to stay relatively unchanged what lenovo is going to is probably just increase motorola's product line by taking lenovo's very popular phones in Asia and port them over and manufacture and sell them in America along side motorola's current product line. So maybe stop judging things before you see the outcome this could potentially be a very good thing for Motorola and the American smartphone market.

If the camera of the x2 is mediocre like the x I'll stick with the s5. Touchwiz really doesn't bother me and I use the camera a lot, so a sub par camera is a no go, no matter how "smooth" a device is

Eh who peed in your cheerios this morning. No need to be a complete *** to the guy. 1. It will still be a monster with those specs, and 2. It would be a monster on the benchmarks which so many people seem to love (why? Who knows) and 3. Take your **** poor attitude somewhere else, you're getting as bad as the apple lovers bashing everyone for any little thing. Shouldn't you be welcoming new people to the forum? Smh

If the Moto X 2 comes out this year, and Motorola puts its efforts in the right areas, it could be a great phone, even if it won't have the specs of the GS5.

I don't need a UHD display, or a metal body, or 4gb of RAM.

What I would like Moto to focus on is improving the Touchless Controls to make them more complete and useful. I'd like to see them drastically improve the camera's performance. And if they're so inclined, I wouldn't mind having a slightly more powerful SoC for the purposes of future-proofing. It doesn't have to be top-of-the-line, but it should be something better. They can even keep the screen at 720p to keep costs down.

I believe some of those changes will be made with the next Moto X model. So between the two phones, I'd have to go with the Moto X2 over the GS5.

As long as the Motorola buyout doesn't hurt them and they include a louder ear piece I don't see an issue. I've become so accustomed to Samsung volume levels that Motorola seems extremely lacking in that area. The X8 processor in the Droid Maxx was great and I had no performance issues.

Touchwiz on the other hand doesn't bother me but its so obvious that I experience lag when waking the phone up sometimes. I removed the SD Card to help but even that only does so much. Still love the phone though.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)