Should I get the Galaxy S4 or the Galaxy S5?

boos1906

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I am up for a upgrade next month. I currently have a iphone but going back to android. I am trying to decide between the galaxy s4 and galaxy s5. Can somebody tell me who will be the first ones to carry the new s5. I have verizon. I talked to them and they said just because they are releasing it in the first quarter doesn't mean they will have it available then. Thanks for the help guys

KTKareen

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy s5

Well there are still 2-3 months until it's released and knowing the 4 major carriers will have them pretty close to the same dates, within a few weeks; release dates will start showing up. So sit tight :)

sent from my N4 with half of the screen working

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Something else to keep in mind, that announcing the device does not mean it will be immediately available. Last year, when the S4 was announced, it was I think 4 or 6 weeks before it was available for sale.

boos1906

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the replies guys. So what all is gonna be new on the s5 from s4? Just trying to decide wether I should hold on to my iphone and wait for the s5 or not. My iphone is taking a crap so I might not have a choice

rogerc3

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site

I have been eligible for an upgrade since October and I am patiently waiting for the S5. Google Galaxy S5 and you will get plenty of rumor about the phone. I think that if half of the rumor is true, it will be worth the wait, This will be my first Android phone, but looking forward to the learning curve.

Ccota08

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the replies guys. So what all is gonna be new on the s5 from s4? Just trying to decide wether I should hold on to my iphone and wait for the s5 or not. My iphone is taking a crap so I might not have a choice

We won't know until Samsung reveals it.

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

Rumors are 4gb memory and 64 bit processor. Probably an even bigger battery, fancier camera and 80 bazillion more Touchwiz features.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Rumors are rumors....wait until the reveal and make a decision then. Just because someone posts something about the S5, it's not a guaranteed thing.

OP, i'd recommend you wait as long as you can. If your Iturd craps the bed, well you'll know what you need to do. I am going for the S5 as soon as it drops. I'm sure you know the Red Devil is usually last to do anything so when it's announced, it'll be another 6 weeks or so before you can get your beaters on one.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

If you can wait until May or June for Verizon to carry the GS5, than wait.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site

Well one of the biggest complaints that Samsung received with the S4 is that it look and felt like the S3. Both software and hardware. So u wouldn't be surprised to see a new design. I bet it would be worth it to wait for the S5

Posted via Android Central App

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Well one of the biggest complaints that Samsung received with the S4 is that it look and felt like the S3. Both software and hardware. So u wouldn't be surprised to see a new design. I bet it would be worth it to wait for the S5

That's true.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

anon367353

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

So far leaks by Sammobile points to a more flatter design.

SamMobile-S-Healt-25.jpg
SamMobile-S-Health-9.jpg
SamMobile-S-Health-17.jpg
SamMobile-S-Health-1.jpg
SamMobile-WatchON-4.jpg
SamMobile-WatchON-5.jpg
SamMobile-Samsung-Life-Times-1.jpg
SamMobile-Samsung-Life-Times-4.jpg

Not as flat as stock or WP, but changed from last version of TW.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5

It does indeed look good. I really don't need to want an s5 ...and all this kinda stuff really isn't helping.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

It does indeed look good. I really don't need to want an s5 ...and all this kinda stuff really isn't helping.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

We'll always take you back :p

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Here are the specs for the S5: http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s5-specs

I my opinion it's a good choice if you are coming to Android from another OS. If you have the S4 it might not be something to jump ship to unless any of the hardware features are desired, ie. Fingerprint scanner, heart rate monitor, batter/screen size, etc.

Your personal preferences will dictate of this is the device for you or not based on specs and what you will leaving.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21