Is there a waterproof version of the Samsung Galaxy S5?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure this is on the mind of a few, will Samsung release a " Active " or waterproof version of the Galaxy S5? Sure it may not appeal to everyone but with more and more people using their smartphones as their every day shooter, especially for those great family moments with the kids at the water park or beaches it makes for a good argument.

Sure there are waterproof case options but those can get very expensive and bulky in size. We also remember some of the many issues folks had with the Galaxy S4 Active, for example the battery door not sealing properly.

So tell us what you think..

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have been thinking of this off and on since the Active was released. With wireless charging, bluetooth radios, they could seal off the devices completely and create a near water proof phone. I doubt it will happen as it would be rather impractical for swapping carriers, but it is one way to seal off a device.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I would like Samsung to release a water proof version that doesn't sacrifice specs. That was my biggest issue with the S4 Active.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995