Will there be different versions of the Samsung Galaxy S5 like the S4?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
As the title implies, will there be different versions of the S5 like the S4/S3?

My opinion we will see Samsung further implement the common " branded " carrier version of the S5 which is bloated, locked down with Knox and all the goodness ( or not ) the common consumer is used to.

Same side of the coin Samsung knows there is that percent of the community that is interested in the Google Edition or Developer Edition where they can have a Touch Wiz free device with an easily unlockable bootloader. Samsung like others doing this have provided an official factory image to restore you device in the event you screw things up and also the big draw you get a faster route from Google to Samsung to YOU on the latest official OS updates.

So what do you think? This trend going to continue of offering different versions of the device to suit your needs or is it just a marketing strategy while the fire is still warm working different options?

Discuss and enjoy!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think the Google editions are a good step in the right direction. Just a bummer if you are on Verizon or Sprint, as the current GPe are not compatible with CDMA devices.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This question also reminds me of that recent rumor that Google will kill the Nexus lineup in the next couple of years in favor of whole line of GPE phones. I sure hope that's just wild speculation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad