Galaxy S5: TouchWiz UI or Magazine UX?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Will the GS5 continue the same kind of UI look as they have used for basically all of their products until very recently? Or will they use their new Magazine UX that was shown with their new tablets at CES?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Can we opt for a look that is closer to Vanilla Android? Lol...

Given the choice I would vote for TW. I was not thrilled with the Magazine UX.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Can we opt for a look that is closer to Vanilla Android? Lol...

Given the choice I would vote for TW. I was not thrilled with the Magazine UX.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

I hope they go with a flatter look. I didn't like the Magazine UX either. It looks like it's made for tablets so I'm hoping they don't use it on their phones

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Honestly I could careless what theme they put out, I will be using another launcher and the Themer Beta app to change up the look.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
From this article by Andrew Vacca earlier: Samsung's Magazine Home is a fresh take on the tablet interface.

Magazine Home is the first time Samsung has built its UI around your content rather than its own, and it'll be interesting to see the aspects it translates over to the Galaxy S5 when it's released this spring.

At least on the side of software, this is probably why I'm most looking forward to using the S5.

Honestly I could careless what theme they put out, I will be using another launcher and the Themer Beta app to change up the look.

Normally that'd be my first inclination. With such a fundamental change in form and function for TouchWiz, I'm hoping the changes will translate to a much better experience than it has provided so far ? in much the same way that some Nexus 5 users opted to use the Google Now Launcher over Nova or similar.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay