Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Differences between the Korean Galaxy S4 that runs the Snapdragon 800 vs the Gs5 that is rumored to

Not sure why these companies are using a Snapdragon 800 proc.. especially Samsung since some variations of their S4 already have the 800.

So when the S4 gets updated to 4.4.2 and they release the S5 with 4.4.2, the only difference between the 2 would be the chassis? Is an S5 a true upgrade for a Korean S4??
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Differences between the Korean Galaxy S4 that runs the Snapdragon 800 vs the Gs5 that is rumored

Quote Originally Posted by sniffs View Post
    Not sure why these companies are using a Snapdragon 800 proc.. especially Samsung since some variations of their S4 already have the 800.

So when the S4 gets updated to 4.4.2 and they release the S5 with 4.4.2, the only difference between the 2 would be the chassis? Is an S5 a true upgrade for a Korean S4??
    What else would they be using? Qualcomm said the 805 wouldn't be ready this early in the year. The display could possibly get an upgrade, but the battery and camera definitely will. We'll have to wait and see what else it offers

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Differences between the Korean Galaxy S4 that runs the Snapdragon 800 vs the Gs5 that is rumored

They(Samsung and HTC) should push their releases back. Is the S4 and One still a very viable device? Sure. However the 800 has been out awhile and in our tech days, it's 'old'.

Personally I'd love to see them wait and put the 805 in.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by sniffs View Post
    They(Samsung and HTC) should push their releases back. Is the S4 and One still a very viable device? Sure. However the 800 has been out awhile and in our tech days, it's 'old'.

Personally I'd love to see them wait and put the 805 in.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Yeah, but all they care about is money. They'll sell just as many if they sell it with the 800.
    They'll put the 805 in the Note 4...

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

They are using MSM8974 in the Korean sgs4 and MSM8974AC in sgs5 not a HUGE difference but not a very small difference either.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Yeah, but all they care about is money. They'll sell just as many if they sell it with the 800.
    They'll put the 805 in the Note 4...

This is why the Note 4 will be a viable option for me. Not really too worried about size either...or so I'd like to think, lol!