According to rumor, Samsung will overhaul TouchWiz. What do you guys think will be different about it? Trimmer? More intuitive? Visually different?
    02-11-2014 11:07 AM
    I'm always a fan of something lighter so hopefully we'll see a trimmer version of TW.
    02-11-2014 11:25 AM
    Would be nice to have a Samsung phone that isn't held back by the software. Hoping for a trimmed down version as well

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3
    02-11-2014 11:54 AM
    How about they just go GPE instead and call it a day. They can push updates faster, make it lighter and offer up their special apps as an add-on that will ONLY work on Galaxy S devices so they can control it.
    Golfdriver97 and benhmadison like this.
    02-11-2014 08:51 PM
    How about they just go GPE instead and call it a day. They can push updates faster, make it lighter and offer up their special apps as an add-on that will ONLY work on Galaxy S devices so they can control it.
    That would make too much sense

02-11-2014 09:19 PM
    That would make too much sense

Or is that Sense...as in HTC Sense?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app
    UJ95x likes this.
    02-11-2014 11:23 PM
    Or is that Sense...as in HTC Sense?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app
    LOL! Sense it still better, because Knox
    Congrats on 11K, btw
    02-12-2014 02:02 AM
    I don't think that's a good idea *financially*. Infact that would be a blunder.
    What is there is stock Android that *sells* ?? Can you create commercials like what Samsung does with stock Android? All those gimmicks/features might not be useful to you, but they help in selling the device. Why is that Nexus never sells as much as other other phones? There is never anything *catchy* about Nexus. They all look bland, dull and boring. And that's a fact. When a normal user compares a nexus to a skinned phone, Nexus looks like a featureless, dull device. You might like that, but for normal people that's simply not good enough.
    BTW, GPE devices are available in like 5 countries. World has more than 250 countries.

There's a reason why Samsung makes so much money in mobile, and pleasing the geeks/forum members is not a priority for them.
    02-12-2014 02:30 AM
    LOL! Sense it still better, because Knox
    Congrats on 11K, btw
    Didn't even realize I hit 11K till you said something...lol
    02-12-2014 09:25 AM
    I don't think that's a good idea *financially*. Infact that would be a blunder.
    What is there is stock Android that *sells* ?? Can you create commercials like what Samsung does with stock Android? All those gimmicks/features might not be useful to you, but they help in selling the device. Why is that Nexus never sells as much as other other phones? There is never anything *catchy* about Nexus. They all look bland, dull and boring. And that's a fact. When a normal user compares a nexus to a skinned phone, Nexus looks like a featureless, dull device. You might like that, but for normal people that's simply not good enough.
    BTW, GPE devices are available in like 5 countries. World has more than 250 countries.

There's a reason why Samsung makes so much money in mobile, and pleasing the geeks/forum members is not a priority for them.
    Samsung can and MUST do better than they do today. They can offer eye catching commercials that push the envelope of their device benefits. I didn't say get rid of the features I said make them an add-on you can only d/l to the Galaxy S series. Go the Google way which is to make the modules upgradable so its easier and get rid of the processor, battery sucking issues that exist. BTW I have had many different Samsung phones and even when I jump to a new non-samsung phone I jump right back for their technology. The issue I have is that Samsung isn't using their position to make the carriers a) launch all storage options (even if I had to order it), b) can't get upgrades out the door faster (carrier blocks) and c) remove bloatware add-on crap the carries push. First of all I am paying for the device, the carrier is making buckets of cash from the services I use so I should not be forced to keep crap on my device that I a) DON'T WANT and b) WON'T USE.
    02-12-2014 12:21 PM