Leaked images of the S5....

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the home button. That image looks nice. The back could be different, or made of the same plastic/material as the rest of the device. But definitely something different and refreshing to see.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
i dont think this is real since the screen is wrapped around the edge. samsung said they were just testing the waters with the samsung round but not really moving forward with it yet. so i highly doubt theyd put that feature on a flagship phone

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know when this will be coming out?

The S5 is expected to be announced in a little over a week. Availability is another thing, which I hope is not too long after official announcement. Keep an eye on the blog for the announcement.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AC Forums mobile app

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Lol that looks ridiculous

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
In terms of the "leather" finish on the rear or combining the materials (plastic and "leather") on a mobile device? When I think leather I think of it as an accessory to the device, i.e. pouch/holster.

Is there an alternative finish material or design you would like to see?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I like the front, but having the two colors on the back looks bad, imo. If they went all metal on the back, then this design would look pretty awesome

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
In terms of the "leather" finish on the rear or combining the materials (plastic and "leather") on a mobile device? When I think leather I think of it as an accessory to the device, i.e. pouch/holster.

Is there an alternative finish material or design you would like to see?

Yes I think it's the leather that makes it look so weird. I think Samsung should stick to plastic just not as cheap as the plastic it has been using. But I bet they'll use the metal backing like the HTC One because it was such a hit

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Assuming that the picture is legitimate for a moment, leather would be a good counter to the complaints of a slick feeling back. Now, Moto has already countered with their backing material. I personally like the front of the device. It appears there is 0 margin, and the onscreen softkeys are leaning toward Nexus type devices.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Assuming that the picture is legitimate for a moment, leather would be a good counter to the complaints of a slick feeling back. Now, Moto has already countered with their backing material. I personally like the front of the device. It appears there is 0 margin, and the onscreen softkeys are leaning toward Nexus type devices.

The back of the Moto X feels amazing. I think this one is the black woven back, and it feels so smooth :D
The thin bezels are what let them fit a large screen into such a small frame

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
The back of the Moto X feels amazing. I think this one is the black woven back, and it feels so smooth :D
The thin bezels are what let them fit a large screen into such a small frame

I love the back of the Moto X too I had the woven white and black and the white one felt lighter and the back felt different for whatever reason

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
The past few iterations of the S series have been released in mid spring, typically May. If they follow what has been done before expect it then.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app
issue with that is they're announcing the phone much sooner than before (in feb).. so by doing so, and not releasing it until may, they'd be cannibalizing all current phone sales since no one will want to buy knowing there will be another newer phone out. im guessing more of a late march to early april release

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12