Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    7,398 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default S5 and must have accessories

What are must have accessories for the S5? Since we haven't had an official announcement of what the device will entail let's assume the device will ship compatibility for your must have accessories.

Qi compatibility would be really nice for me as well as a screen protector and case - possibly Spigen as that's what I'm using with my Nexus 5 and enjoy. I

Let's hear what everyone would like to pair their S5 with in the coming weeks.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: S5 and must have accessories

I'd be interested in a Galaxy Gear, or perhaps an upcoming sequel of it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    7,398 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    I'd be interested in a Galaxy Gear, or perhaps an upcoming sequel of it.
    The last AC Podcast had a little discussion on the Galaxy Gear pricing and thought's on a sequel this year. I forgot who suggested it, but the idea of a new Gear being released alongside the S5 or Note 4(?) could be possible considering a new Gear may not be something Samsung would want to announce on its own.
    B. Diddy likes this.

A Galaxy Gear 2.0 priced at $150 with a vastly improved design and feature set/battery life would be a must have accessory

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    4,531 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Glas.T Nano screen protector. A must for me.

Posted via Android Central App
    "In God we trust....all others we investigate".

"Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol".

I miss having a car mount that is made for a specific device, that also allows you to charge the phone.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

It would be nice to have qi built in. 64gb microSD card would be a must.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Global Posts
    17,410 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

I agree with the Gear and wireless charging.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    I miss having a car mount that is made for a specific device, that also allows you to charge the phone.
    This. I use my navigation a lot and it would be nice when I'm home to have one in my car instead of using the dedicated GPS I have for my work travels.

Droid RAZR MAXX/Xoom/4510 LTE MiFi
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    7,398 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by msavic6 View Post
    A Galaxy Gear 2.0 priced at $150 with a vastly improved design and feature set/battery life would be a must have accessory

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    There was a new Bloomberg article published last night that indicates a new Gear will be announced alongside the S5. The guys talked about the possibility of a new Gear alongside the S5 or future Note on the AC Podcast this past Friday - we'll know what Samsung is unveiling soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    Glas.T Nano screen protector. A must for me.

I know a lot of people have mixed feelings about screen protectors - I prefer the accessory as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RHChan84 View Post
    This. I use my navigation a lot and it would be nice when I'm home to have one in my car instead of using the dedicated GPS I have for my work travels.

A car mount designed specific to the device will be a good accessory to have. Do we think Samsung will have an official one available? Or will any brand name work as long as it's designed for the S5?

It would be nice to have one for the s5 and once you put it in, a new screen pops up

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX (tapatalk)
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    7,398 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by RHChan84 View Post
    It would be nice to have one for the s5 and once you put it in, a new screen pops up

You mean something like this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nPackage&hl=en Not sure it will work exactly as you would want, but seems like it could be set to launch an App, such as Maps, when a particular rule is detected. But definitely, a dock that enables the device to launch any other service, or hands free mode, would be cool.

Similar. The RAZR goes into car mode with 6 big icons. Maps, phone, music and 3 others could be anything.

Global Posts
    4,950 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

What I would like to see is Samsung actually have the accessories for sale on launch day other than the over priced cover crap. How about the spare batteries which seem to take 2-3 months to arrive.

Global Posts
    4,531 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    What I would like to see is Samsung actually have the accessories for sale on launch day other than the over priced cover crap. How about the spare batteries which seem to take 2-3 months to arrive.
    Ditto!
    "In God we trust....all others we investigate".

"Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol".

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    A car mount designed specific to the device will be a good accessory to have. Do we think Samsung will have an official one available? Or will any brand name work as long as it's designed for the S5?
    But don't you think you will be limiting yourself into investment that will not have any further use once you upgrade your phone to a new one? Or how about a constant struggle of choosing a right case to fit with that phone-specific mount? In my previous experience such car mounts only designed to work with slim cases and you can forget about your Defender or even semi-rugged stuff like from UAG. I mean, just as example, I'm sticking to my Arkon Slim grip ultra mount (and I really mean "sticking" cause that sticky suction is like a removable cement glue lol!!!) that works perfectly with my Note 2 + UAG case or when I want to add my zerolemon 9600 mAh battery with zeroshock case or if my wife or my kids bring along their Nexus 7 tablets in the car. I can't do that with official Sammsung mount for Note 2 which cost at least $50 (versus Arkon's under $20), and won't be able to use anything but a slim case with their official car mount. Just my opinion, but I think a universal car mount would be a better investment, either if its for N2 or N3 or S5 or a small tablet or iPhone 6 and so on

Global Posts
    4,950 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I just read online this week the S-Band passed through certification by the FCC, you know the S-Band it came out with the GS4 in 2013 and finally is making it here. Samsung is the worst when it comes to releasing accessories in a timely fashion.

That said I already ordered my case and screen protector. Spigen Slim Armor View and Glas.tR Slim from Amazon.com. I have to hope Spigen learned from the negative reviews last year and got their act together when it comes to shipping this time around.

Oh and the spare battery/charger bundle from Samsung that we know will be on back order for the first two months and is the only under $50 accessory anyone would want with the 50% off accessory.

Spare battery charger bundle is a must