Will the Galaxy S5 has as many "features" (bloatware?) as the S4?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Do you think Samsung will streamline their included apps/features at all? A lot of people go both ways on this. Some say a lot of the S____ stuff is useful, while others write it off as gimicky. Keep in mind the commitment Samsung made to being more "true to Android" in future releases. Maybe the S5 will be the first device we see to hold on to that commitment.

What do you guys think?

Also, I have no doubt that carriers will continue to load a bunch crap that nobody wants on the devices when they launch their carrier branded versions.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I think they will. Put the Apps in the Play Store for Users to install or uninstall as they see necessary. For those who wish to keep the Apps installed updating becomes streamlined and Samsung can update what they need to as they see fit.

The S5 would be the perfect platform to make this change and set the tone for future Samsung flagship devices.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I agree the S5 is the perfect opportunity to make good on their agreement. Lessen the garbage, and let's see Samsung show us what they can do with a straight OS.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I think they will. Put the Apps in the Play Store for Users to install or uninstall as they see necessary. For those who wish to keep the Apps installed updating becomes streamlined and Samsung can update what they need to as they see fit.

The S5 would be the perfect platform to make this change and set the tone for future Samsung flagship devices.
That is a very good point or worse case scenario they could put them on the Samsung Hub like they did for the Galaxy Gear and tie a promotion into it. Google went that route and it has allowed them to update their core apps much quicker and more often without delays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz