Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kevin O'Quinn
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,083 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Will the Galaxy S5 has as many "features" (bloatware?) as the S4?

Do you think Samsung will streamline their included apps/features at all? A lot of people go both ways on this. Some say a lot of the S____ stuff is useful, while others write it off as gimicky. Keep in mind the commitment Samsung made to being more "true to Android" in future releases. Maybe the S5 will be the first device we see to hold on to that commitment.

What do you guys think?

Also, I have no doubt that carriers will continue to load a bunch crap that nobody wants on the devices when they launch their carrier branded versions.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    srkmagnus likes this.

Global Posts
    8,096 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Will the Galaxy S5 has as many "features" (bloatware?) as the S4?

I think they will. Put the Apps in the Play Store for Users to install or uninstall as they see necessary. For those who wish to keep the Apps installed updating becomes streamlined and Samsung can update what they need to as they see fit.

The S5 would be the perfect platform to make this change and set the tone for future Samsung flagship devices.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    19,807 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

I agree the S5 is the perfect opportunity to make good on their agreement. Lessen the garbage, and let's see Samsung show us what they can do with a straight OS.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    5,139 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    I think they will. Put the Apps in the Play Store for Users to install or uninstall as they see necessary. For those who wish to keep the Apps installed updating becomes streamlined and Samsung can update what they need to as they see fit.

The S5 would be the perfect platform to make this change and set the tone for future Samsung flagship devices.
    That is a very good point or worse case scenario they could put them on the Samsung Hub like they did for the Galaxy Gear and tie a promotion into it. Google went that route and it has allowed them to update their core apps much quicker and more often without delays.