Possible REAL First Look at the Galaxy S5 (PIC)

draconianchaos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Now that would be the way to do things. Best of both worlds. Buttons that follow android design language and less screen space used by on screen keys.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Am I the only one that LOVES the physical button?

I'm sure there are plenty of people that love physical buttons. When I had a palm treo and palm pre I believed I could never get a phone without a physical keyboard. When I got Samsung galaxy s2 I believed I really liked the 4 physical buttons. Then when I got a nexus 5 I now believe there's absolutely no need for the physical buttons and I'd be perfectly happy with one huge *** screen on the front or even better a screen that wraps the whole phone :) just glad I've been open to change.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Lol it looks like a nexus 5.

Nexus 5 doesn't have:

1. Faux metal band
2. Physical home button
3. Capacitive buttons

And the color of the bezel around the display of the Nexus 5 is black regardless of the color of the back of the device.

This render, real or not, only resembles the Nexus 5 in general shape. Not in any other way IMO.

lexfrancis

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 5 doesn't have:

1. Faux metal band
2. Physical home button
3. Capacitive buttons

And the color of the bezel around the display of the Nexus 5 is black regardless of the color of the back of the device.

This render, real or not, only resembles the Nexus 5 in general shape. Not in any other way IMO.

Yeah the shape is the only thing that makes it look liken a nexus. But that's the feature that does the most to make 2 phones look similar. If the s4 had all the same materials as the n5 and no physical button, they still wouldn't look that similar because their shapes are so different. This alleged s5 is exactly the same shape as a nexus, so what ever other differences there are, they still look alike. IMO

Sent from my LG-D802 using AC Forums mobile app

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah the shape is the only thing that makes it look liken a nexus. But that's the feature that does the most to make 2 phones look similar. If the s4 had all the same materials as the n5 and no physical button, they still wouldn't look that similar because their shapes are so different. This alleged s5 is exactly the same shape as a nexus, so what ever other differences there are, they still look alike. IMO

Sent from my LG-D802 using AC Forums mobile app

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Unless all you can see is the silhouette of the phones I'm not sure I'd ever (even from a distance) mistake this render for a Nexus 5.

This isn't the Apple vs Samsung case, either, and regular people looking at the two phones side by side won't think they're the same, for the reasons I stated.

So.... I can agree that the shape is similar, but that's about it.

lexfrancis

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Unless all you can see is the silhouette of the phones I'm not sure I'd ever (even from a distance) mistake this render for a Nexus 5.

This isn't the Apple vs Samsung case, either, and regular people looking at the two phones side by side won't think they're the same, for the reasons I stated.

So.... I can agree that the shape is similar, but that's about it.

I'm not saying it could be mistaken for a nexus 5, it doesn't look that similar. But to me it kind of looks like a cross between an s4 and a nexus 5. S4 features and nexus 5 shape. I like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC