Galaxy S5 display type confirmed to be QHD

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't KitKat on the Moto X have blue icons?

For all we know Samsung could be bringing back the neon colors and throw in a free fanny pack with every S5 purchase. Official announcement is around the corner :).

I'm not a screen junkie, but that would be one nice display. If that's the case, I'm sure Samsung has already thought of the battery issue in advance... Hopefully.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

For all we know Samsung could be bringing back the neon colors and throw in a free fanny pack with every S5 purchase. Official announcement is around the corner :).

I'm not a screen junkie, but that would be one nice display. If that's the case, I'm sure Samsung has already thought of the battery issue in advance... Hopefully.

I can't confirm or deny the color scheme of the X on 4.4, but I made mine a Cobalt Blue.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Attachments

• 1392686837408.jpg
    1392686837408.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 28

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
On paper, the specs sounds good but in real world, this sounds like a waste of battery. No one is going to hold their phones right up on their face. I'd rather have a 1080P screen and better battery life.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Nope. KK Moto X has the same white as the Nexus 5

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

Moto X has white icons, I have one. My moms droid mini on kit kat still has the blue battery icon but I think that's a Verizon "droid" thing.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
who cares what color the battery icon is, dont like it, then change the color yourself

LOL, that's true--but the original reason to point out the color of the icon was to question the legitimacy of the screenshot. Made us wonder if it was simply a bad Photoshop job.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
who cares what color the battery icon is, dont like it, then change the color yourself

Kit Kat has white icons. Jelly bean has blue or green icons depending on the OEM. The screenshot had blue icons, so we were wondering if this was even the S5, since it's supposed to have KK at release.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm fine with 720 all the way up to 5 inches. Would rather have a longer lasting battery than 400+ DPI.

Posted via Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
That screenshot is a mess. The battery widget is clearly custom (might just be xposed or it could easily be a notification replacement app, etc, but still a mess), the NFC icon I'm pretty sure is from an HTC device, and what reason is there to think that Samsung is changing their color scheme and/or fonts to an amalgamation of colors and fonts from 2 different API levels?

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
On paper, the specs sounds good but in real world, this sounds like a waste of battery. No one is going to hold their phones right up on their face. I'd rather have a 1080P screen and better battery life.

I completely agree, aside from saying how amazing the screen is why go with anything higher than 1080p on a phone. A tablet okay sure I can see it being more useful but on a phone as you said seems like a waste of battery life for zero benefit.