Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Galaxy S5 display type confirmed to be QHD

    Galaxy S5 Display QHD Resolution ‘Confirmed’ Galaxy S5 Display QHD Resolution ‘Confirmed’ | Ubergizmo

    Please let me know if the link works
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 display type confirmed to be QHD

    Link works fine, thanks!
  3. #3  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,177 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,442 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

    Default

    Wow. Don't know if that's an S5, but personally I think it's overkill.
    Why is the battery icon blue?

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    B. Diddy likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 display type confirmed to be QHD

    Good catch with the icon color, UJ95x! Unless it's just some kind of distortion, but I think you're right, that does look pretty blue. Which would place the OS at 4.3 or lower.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 display type confirmed to be QHD

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Good catch with the icon color, UJ95x! Unless it's just some kind of distortion, but I think you're right, that does look pretty blue. Which would place the OS at 4.3 or lower.
    Maybe it's an old screen shot? Because we know it has to launch with 4.4 and that status bar doesn't look like it fits with what we've seen in previous GS5 Screenshots
  6. #6  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,177 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,442 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 display type confirmed to be QHD

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    Maybe it's an old screen shot? Because we know it has to launch with 4.4 and that status bar doesn't look like it fits with what we've seen in previous GS5 Screenshots
    Maybe. I've seen "confirmed" specs of both 1080p and QHD resolutions. Maybe they're releasing two versions?
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 display type confirmed to be QHD

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    Maybe it's an old screen shot? Because we know it has to launch with 4.4 and that status bar doesn't look like it fits with what we've seen in previous GS5 Screenshots
    What I was implying is that it could simply be a faked screenshot, and they forgot to color the battery icon white ...
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 display type confirmed to be QHD

    looks photoshopped. the reso line isnt even straight.. numbers are curving upwards
  9. #9  
    Kevin OQuinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    9,562 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,773 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 display type confirmed to be QHD

    That's an AT&T 4G icon....

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 display type confirmed to be QHD

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Maybe. I've seen "confirmed" specs of both 1080p and QHD resolutions. Maybe they're releasing two versions?
    I'm still on the fence on that theory, but we will see
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 display type confirmed to be QHD

    Feel free to take this article with a grain of salt guys
  12. #12  
    Kevin OQuinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    9,562 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,773 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 display type confirmed to be QHD

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Maybe. I've seen "confirmed" specs of both 1080p and QHD resolutions. Maybe they're releasing two versions?
    Wouldn't that be a first for different resolutions? We've seen different chipsets before, but not resolutions.

    I would hope they wouldn't do that. It would be far too confusing.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    Feel free to take this article with a grain of salt guys
    I take them with far larger grains now than I used to.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 display type confirmed to be QHD

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    Feel free to take this article with a grain of salt guys
    Yes, consider everything u see as rumor, until samsung says what it is
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 display type confirmed to be QHD

    Still think QuadHD is total overkill. They better have quite a large battery back there to help get it through a single day.
  15. #15  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,177 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,442 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 display type confirmed to be QHD

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    Wouldn't that be a first for different resolutions? We've seen different chipsets before, but not resolutions.

    I would hope they wouldn't do that. It would be far too confusing.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I take them with far larger grains now than I used to.
    It would be a first, but maybe they're doing something similar with what they do with the LTE/3G variants.
    SD800 version gets QHD, and the Exynos variant gets 1080p since it probably couldn't handle as high of a resolution as the Qualcomm processor

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
  16. #16  
    Kevin OQuinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    9,562 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,773 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 display type confirmed to be QHD

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    It would be a first, but maybe they're doing something similar with what they do with the LTE/3G variants.
    SD800 version gets QHD, and the Exynos variant gets 1080p since it probably couldn't handle as high of a resolution as the Qualcomm processor

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    You have that backwards.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  17. #17  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    31,149 Posts
    Global Posts
    31,647 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 display type confirmed to be QHD

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Wow. Don't know if that's an S5, but personally I think it's overkill.
    Why is the battery icon blue?

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Good catch with the icon color, UJ95x! Unless it's just some kind of distortion, but I think you're right, that does look pretty blue. Which would place the OS at 4.3 or lower.
    Think about this guys. For the longest time Sammy had a green battery icon when vanilla android was holo blue. Not saying you guys are wrong, just food for thought.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app
  18. #18  
    Kevin OQuinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    9,562 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,773 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 display type confirmed to be QHD

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Think about this guys. For the longest time Sammy had a green battery icon when vanilla android was holo blue. Not saying you guys are wrong, just food for thought.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app
    So they're going to continuously stay a generation behind the current style guides?

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  19. #19  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    31,149 Posts
    Global Posts
    31,647 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 display type confirmed to be QHD

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    So they're going to continuously stay a generation behind the current style guides?

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Lol....probably. Hasn't really stopped them before. Just an observation, though.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app
  20. #20  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,177 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,442 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 display type confirmed to be QHD

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Lol....probably. Hasn't really stopped them before. Just an observation, though.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app
    The S4 and Note 3 have white battery icons on KK

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    Kevin OQuinn likes this.
  21. #21  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    13,379 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,385 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 display type confirmed to be QHD

    Doesn't KitKat on the Moto X have blue icons?

    For all we know Samsung could be bringing back the neon colors and throw in a free fanny pack with every S5 purchase. Official announcement is around the corner :-).

    I'm not a screen junkie, but that would be one nice display. If that's the case, I'm sure Samsung has already thought of the battery issue in advance... Hopefully.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    B. Diddy likes this.
  22. #22  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    31,149 Posts
    Global Posts
    31,647 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 display type confirmed to be QHD

    Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Doesn't KitKat on the Moto X have blue icons?

    For all we know Samsung could be bringing back the neon colors and throw in a free fanny pack with every S5 purchase. Official announcement is around the corner :-).

    I'm not a screen junkie, but that would be one nice display. If that's the case, I'm sure Samsung has already thought of the battery issue in advance... Hopefully.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    I can't confirm or deny the color scheme of the X on 4.4, but I made mine a Cobalt Blue.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Galaxy S5 display type confirmed to be QHD-1392686837408.jpg  
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 display type confirmed to be QHD

    On paper, the specs sounds good but in real world, this sounds like a waste of battery. No one is going to hold their phones right up on their face. I'd rather have a 1080P screen and better battery life.
  24. #24  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,177 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,442 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 display type confirmed to be QHD

    Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Doesn't KitKat on the Moto X have blue icons?

    For all we know Samsung could be bringing back the neon colors and throw in a free fanny pack with every S5 purchase. Official announcement is around the corner :-).

    I'm not a screen junkie, but that would be one nice display. If that's the case, I'm sure Samsung has already thought of the battery issue in advance... Hopefully.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Nope. KK Moto X has the same white as the Nexus 5

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
  25. #25  
    grn4frk's Avatar

    Posts
    285 Posts
    Global Posts
    288 Global Posts

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 display type confirmed to be QHD

    Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Doesn't KitKat on the Moto X have blue icons?

    For all we know Samsung could be bringing back the neon colors and throw in a free fanny pack with every S5 purchase. Official announcement is around the corner :-).

    I'm not a screen junkie, but that would be one nice display. If that's the case, I'm sure Samsung has already thought of the battery issue in advance... Hopefully.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Moto X has white icons, I have one. My moms droid mini on kit kat still has the blue battery icon but I think that's a Verizon "droid" thing.

    Posted via Android Central App
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-17-2014, 12:12 AM
  2. note 8.0 boots to black screen
    By deaken3 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-16-2014, 09:19 PM
  3. Anyone know how to have apps auto sync with 10.1 2014 from Galaxy S3?
    By HiMynameisMattyK in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-16-2014, 09:18 PM
  4. App that automatically sends what I draw to gmail and dropbox?
    By Christopher Au in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-16-2014, 08:03 PM
  5. Data only on AT&T for Galaxy Mega
    By BeardoVT in forum Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-16-2014, 07:58 PM

Posting Permissions