Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How much internal storage do you think the Samsung Galaxy S5 will have?

Do you guys think it will come in a 16/32 GB version? Or hopefully they up it to 64 GB?

Also I wonder if Samsung will continue with the MicroSD slot?

I know phone companies are moving away from it but if they give us 64 GB, I wouldn't mind not having a Micro SD slot. They up every thing on the phone except the memory.

Memory is so damn cheap, I dont see why only Apple is the only phone company putting more than 32 GB on their products.

Posted via Android Central App
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    22,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default re: How much internal storage do you think the Samsung Galaxy S5 will have?

Quote Originally Posted by RHChan84 View Post
    Do you guys think it will come in a 16/32 GB version? Or hopefully they up it to 64 GB?

Also I wonder if Samsung will continue with the MicroSD slot?

I know phone companies are moving away from it but if they give us 64 GB, I wouldn't mind not having a Micro SD slot. They up every thing on the phone except the memory.

Memory is so damn cheap, I dont see why only Apple is the only phone company putting more than 32 GB on their products.

A good counter question is, if TW gets any bigger, will Samsung realize they will be forced to offer 32/64 GB versions? And hopefully not the 64 Gb is a single carrier exclusivity.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default re: How much internal storage do you think the Samsung Galaxy S5 will have?

It would be nice if Samsung said...screw it...no SD slot but 64/128 GB only.

Phones are not just phones. It's a media center and some games are up to 2GB. And for HD movies, its around 1.5GB

VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

I'd expect 32/64 GB and keeping the SD slot. Most of what takes up space for me is pics/music. I keep those on the SD card

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Global Posts
    5,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Default Re: How much internal storage do you think the Samsung Galaxy S5 will have?

I would be happy with 32/64 + microSD so long as AT&T offers a 64GB option, the US has never offered it before and most only did the 16GB in store and forced you to order the 32GB claiming lack of demand by customers. That would be due to sales people not informing customers how android works and that you cannot store apps on the microSD card so you do want sufficient internal like 32GB (minus formatting and OS).

Default Re: How much internal storage do you think the Samsung Galaxy S5 will have?

I imagine it will be 32/64 gb like the Note 3.

I imagine it will be 32/64 gb like the Note 3.

The Galaxy S[whatever]'s always take features from the Note series. So in this case, I think it will have the same internal storage as the Note 3. Also, kinda off topic, it will have the same leathery looking back panel as the Note 3.

Sources: MKBHD ;P

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

why ditch the sd card slot. just just means u loose more storage
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,792 Global Posts

Probably 16GB/32GB + microSD slot.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by ab304945 View Post
    why ditch the sd card slot. just just means u loose more storage
    Just easier to deal with. But if you have 64/128 GB, a memory card slot is useless IMO. I have roughly 16GB filled on my internal Memory and 22GB out of 32GB filled.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX (tapatalk)
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom

Global Posts
    5,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

TW and Samsung add on apps are taking up way too much room and the blow back on the GS4 16GB was huge last year. So I would say 32GB in the US, but 32/64GB options elsewhere since we all know no US carrier will actually deliver on the 64GB. I wouldn't mind seeing AT&T offer an exclusive on it and go full tilt like they did on the HTC One 32/64 Options while Verizon as usual did only 32GB.

32GB as the base model like the note 3. With a 64GB version available. Maybe a 128 GB version. I think 32GB plus micro SD extension is perfectly adequate. I've got 16 GB free of internal memory (note 3) and my 32GB SD is full so I've ordered a 64GB one. I put my music and ripped DVDs onto the SD card and use the internal memory for apps, downloads from google play movies/TV, audiobooks, podcasts etc

32GB would be fine for me - WITH the SD slot also included.

Or even better - make everything work right off the SD cards.

Global Posts
    5,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

32GB is likely the new base model, they will intro cheaper low end 16GB versions for other markets but 64GB won't ever make it to the US which is sad.

I won't buy anything less than 32 gb with sd unless they use 128 gb or more. My S4 has 32gb with all my apps etc and my 64 gb sd has about 32 gb of my tunes and all my pictures which I can't do without. I don't even see a reason for a 16 gb as everyone knows what is going to happen and who wants to use storage on the cloud as that uses data, for those who have unlimited date then no big deal but how many have unlimited data now. I just read about someone who did not understand going over on her data might mean a larger than expected bill because she was streaming music. I don't know yet what she is going to do as she said she did not have the money to pay the bill. She still has a 2 year contract or an ETF. Last I heard she was talking about TMOB as they will buy out your contract.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,731 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Hopefully 32 gig is the base storage. But I could only wish they would kick it up to 64gigs base and shock everyone

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by thebizz View Post
    Hopefully 32 gig is the base storage. But I could only wish they would kick it up to 64gigs base and shock everyone
    It isn't
    Base is still 16 and there is a 32GB option. Nothing about a 64GB version

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Global Posts
    5,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Yeah and the 16GB actually results in 7.87GB of actual space, before Carrier bloatware is added so figure on 7GB of space if you are lucky. The 32GB means what 21-22GB which is a drop from the GS4.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    Yeah and the 16GB actually results in 7.87GB of actual space, before Carrier bloatware is added so figure on 7GB of space if you are lucky. The 32GB means what 21-22GB which is a drop from the GS4.
    The picture I saw showed 8.7GB available, not 7.9. Not much of a difference, but when it gets that low it matters. I'm guessing the 32GB version will have closer to 23-24

Quote Originally Posted by RHChan84 View Post
    It would be nice if Samsung said...screw it...no SD slot but 64/128 GB only.

I would not like if Samsung did this...I need a MicroSD slot personally...easier management of my music and other files
    I am planning on getting the 32GB version though
    - Using the Sony Xperia Z3! -

I have 3 devices...s4 nexus 7 and note 10.1 2014...All big data games I add on my big tablet, all movies I downloaded to nexus and leave my phone with basic stuff mainly photo apps..so storage never a problem for me...Most 1 gig games I would never wanna play on a 5 inch screen...