Samsung planning April release for the Galaxy S5

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Since the announcement is in February, do you think that an April release is plausible? I think it does, as it would put almost 6 months between the S series and the Note series.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If they're announcing it in February, I would hope they start releasing it on March at the latest.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
As I wrote somewhere else on this forum, if they don't release it within a few weeks after announcement, they'd be cannibalizing their own sales

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
GN3 launch dates were quickly announced by the US carriers with shipping dates starting as little as a few weeks after international launches. It very possible Samsung want to get the sales rolling asap to make up for the GS4 poor sales and get ahead of HTC One 2.

DETERMINOLOGY

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
GN3 launch dates were quickly announced by the US carriers with shipping dates starting as little as a few weeks after international launches. It very possible Samsung want to get the sales rolling asap to make up for the GS4 poor sales and get ahead of HTC One 2.

Yeap thats what im thinking. For them to launch in a few weeks after feb 24 would make sense. Holding it off would hurt them alot. I recently test drove the LG G2 and nexus 5 which both are great phones but at the end im all for the latest top end phone of 2014 which that being said BRING on the s5 im ready

yourphonemyphone

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
March or April.... there must already be hundreds of thousands S5 phones boxed and ready to ship... they're just sitting in an undisclosed warehouse somewhere. :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
March or April.... there must already be hundreds of thousands S5 phones boxed and ready to ship... they're just sitting in an undisclosed warehouse somewhere. :)
I agree. How they keep things like this under wraps I don't know, but I'd think eventual leaks will become more frequent as we get closer to the announcement.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19