Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  • 1 Post By Ry
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default S5 availability and shipping.

Last year with the GS4, release date was different for all four of the major carriers with Sprint being first by a few days and Verizon getting it last. Almost a full month after the initial release in the U.S.
    Will we see this again or will all four major carriers release them within a few days of each other?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Default Re: S5 availability and shipping.

Will be interesting to see for sure. I think it will be a race to see who will release it first and stick to it without delay.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Will be interesting to see for sure. I think it will be a race to see who will release it first and stick to it without delay.
    I would've thought the same for the S4, but Verizon came to the game late. Same with the HTC One. We'll see if they get their stuff together for this one

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Global Posts
    22,149 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    I would've thought the same for the S4, but Verizon came to the game late. Same with the HTC One. We'll see if they get their stuff together for this one

My guess would be no. Probably late to the game again.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    5,206 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Verizon is ALWAYS last to the party. They like to see what they need to further lock down before release based on the rooting and hacks that get discovered.

Global Posts
    4,728 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If you're on the Red Devil, you're gonna be last to the party. I see AT&T getting it right off the bat along with Sprint.
    "In God we trust....all others we investigate".

"Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol".

Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

A new blog post about the release of the device: Samsung Galaxy S5 could go on sale in just three weeks | Android Central

Looks like it could be released in three weeks time after the announcement on the 24th. There is no indication as to what markets this will include, but there is no doubt that carriers will have press releases shortly after announcement indicting when they will have the device for sale.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    A new blog post about the release of the device: Samsung Galaxy S5 could go on sale in just three weeks | Android Central

Looks like it could be released in three weeks time after the announcement on the 24th. There is no indication as to what markets this will include, but there is no doubt that carriers will have press releases shortly after announcement indicting when they will have the device for sale.
    Yes, but with VZW, they won't get to the table with it for 3 or 4 weeks more and then only with the 16 gb version not the 32 gb or larger if Samsung happens to make the 64 gb. VZW probably won't even have the KK 4.4 update to any of its customers by then either.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by japetty View Post
    Yes, but with VZW, they won't get to the table with it for 3 or 4 weeks more and then only with the 16 gb version not the 32 gb or larger if Samsung happens to make the 64 gb. VZW probably won't even have the KK 4.4 update to any of its customers by then either.
    The S5 is going to release with 4.4, why wouldn't they have it?

Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by japetty View Post
    Let's give Verizon some credit...they were first to release 4.4 for the Moto X in the states

We know there are issues with the Carriers and Verizon being on top of that list. That doesn't necessarily mean the same will be true with the S5 launch.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post

This is where everyone needs to copy Apple.

The time between official announcement and release needs to be as short as possible.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    srkmagnus likes this.