Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Question How does pre-ordering work on AT&T?

    So this will be the very first time i've ever been up for an upgrade BEFORE a phone I'm planning on getting comes out. I have the S4 but because of a change I made to my plan this past month I'm up for an upgrade at any point which means I'm planning on going for the S5.

    My questions is, how does pre-ordering work on AT&T so i can get it when it launches? Will they have a site for pre-orders? How does pre-ordering work when you're using an upgrade on your plan? Do pre-orders usually get shipped to your home or do you pick them up in store?

    I've never looked into it before since I was never able to upgrade at phone launch. So thanks in advance for anyone who can answer my questions!
  2. #2  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    6,751 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: How does pre-ordering work on AT&T?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaVictor87 View Post
    So this will be the very first time i've ever been up for an upgrade BEFORE a phone I'm planning on getting comes out. I have the S4 but because of a change I made to my plan this past month I'm up for an upgrade at any point which means I'm planning on going for the S5.

    My questions is, how does pre-ordering work on AT&T so i can get it when it launches? Will they have a site for pre-orders? How does pre-ordering work when you're using an upgrade on your plan? Do pre-orders usually get shipped to your home or do you pick them up in store?

    I've never looked into it before since I was never able to upgrade at phone launch. So thanks in advance for anyone who can answer my questions!
    By pre-ordering you'll essentially be reserving a device so there won't be an issue with not being able to find one in store if inventory is low or sells out quick. In most cases you can choose how to receive the device: in store pick-up or mail to your home. If you choose to receive at home the device can be received a day prior to the official release date or on the release date. If there is a delay AT&T will notify you as to when the device should expect to be delivered.

    AT&T should have pre-order available once the device is announced.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: How does pre-ordering work on AT&T?

    So they will most likely put up a pre-ordering webpage? And if i pre-order as soon as I can i'm guaranteed one right? I'm assuming they have a limit on pre-orders though so i'll have to be quick.
  4. #4  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    6,751 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: How does pre-ordering work on AT&T?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaVictor87 View Post
    So they will most likely put up a pre-ordering webpage? And if i pre-order as soon as I can i'm guaranteed one right? I'm assuming they have a limit on pre-orders though so i'll have to be quick.
    Yup. In most cases carriers will start announcing that they will also be carrying the device and when it may be available. They will also provide a page to pre-order or a holding page to keep bookmarked to be kept current with the latest news for that device.

    If you pre-order the device it should be a guaranteed one. AT&T will keep you posted on inventory issues if there is going to be a problem with fulfilling your order.
    Thanked by:
    UJ95x likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: How does pre-ordering work on AT&T?

    Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Yup. In most cases carriers will start announcing that they will also be carrying the device and when it may be available. They will also provide a page to pre-order or a holding page to keep bookmarked to be kept current with the latest news for that device.

    If you pre-order the device it should be a guaranteed one. AT&T will keep you posted on inventory issues if there is going to be a problem with fulfilling your order.
    Thanks so much! Excited to pre order! Excited to see all about the phone Monday too!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
  6. #6  
    ibcop's Avatar

    Posts
    1,718 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,339 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: How does pre-ordering work on AT&T?

    And for the love.....ensure there isn't (or won't be) anything wrong with your payment method. Just wait until the carriers start shipping pre-orders - the threads will explode of people crying because their order didn't go through.
    "In God we trust....all others we investigate".

    "Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol".
    Thanked by:
  7. #7  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    6,751 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: How does pre-ordering work on AT&T?

    Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    And for the love.....ensure there isn't (or won't be) anything wrong with your payment method. Just wait until the carriers start shipping pre-orders - the threads will explode of people crying because their order didn't go through.
    Yes, errors do happen. Just keep a close eye on your payment method and shipping details AT&T provides as we get closer to the device launch.

Similar Threads

  1. How has ART been on your Nexus 5?
    By robbg in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 03-16-2014, 10:36 AM
  2. Tired of waiting on Logitech
    By mickeylittle777 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-06-2014, 04:59 PM
  3. Hangouts on Note 3
    By Kalvin Kerns in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-21-2014, 08:46 PM
  4. wi-fi goes off by its own - does not remember my network
    By psalamon in forum AT&T Galaxy Note
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-20-2014, 02:28 PM
  5. my netbook does not shut down it restarts
    By Elen Petrosyan in forum Software Development and Hacking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-20-2014, 01:48 PM

Posting Permissions

B