any speculation on low-light performance of S5's new camera with no flash?(compared to Note 2/3, S4)

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Assumimg the S5 uses Samsung's new ISOCELL technology, low light performance should be improved by some amount but I don't think it's known how much of an affect it will have. ISOCELL is supposed to reduce noise in images and increase dynamic range.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully it's better. Only days left until we find out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Yeah the S4/Note 3 were pretty much unusable in low light as the noise was high and the shutter speed was extremely slow which led to loss of focus/blur if you or your subject moved.

yourphonemyphone

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Yeah the S4/Note 3 were pretty much unusable in low light as the noise was high and the shutter speed was extremely slow which led to loss of focus/blur if you or your subject moved.

I compared my old Note 2 and new Note 3 to my friend's HTC One. While I didn't like the HTC One, its rear camera was way better in low-light indoor shots.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I compared my old Note 2 and new Note 3 to my friend's HTC One. While I didn't like the HTC One, its rear camera was way better in low-light indoor shots.

And the S4/Note 3's cameras are way better than the One in outdoor or good lighting. Maybe the S5 will bring the best of both?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
And the S4/Note 3's cameras are way better than the One in outdoor or good lighting. Maybe the S5 will bring the best of both?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Thats what im hoping for, as well as no shutter lag in the camera, the S4 at the moment is basically only good for landscape shots as anything that moves will result in a blurry photo. This is one respect where the iPhone 5S camera absolutely slaughters the Galaxy S lineup, shutter lag is non existent and the auto mode works marvelously for spur of the moment shots.

I have a feeling Samsung will fix all this with the S5, the teaser they released has plenty of references to Camera related features.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair