Possible Galaxy S5 spotted

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Possible S5 spotted

Every phone I get goes into a case so really for me its basic black is my choice.

I hear ya, its black for me but I did not mind the blue on the S3. I put the S3 in a dark blue case and looked just fine. I use an ear piece so the phone stays in the cargo pocket of my shorts most of the time. i just hope the battery last the way my S4 does. I usually get a full day to 2 days according to use. With putting my phone in a good case, metal or plastic don't make any difference one way or the other. If they use metal I don't care for the silver metal color. I would want anodized black. That silver metal just look crappy to me, like they forgot the color..

Eric Mazariegos

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I hear ya, its black for me but I did not mind the blue on the S3. I put the S3 in a dark blue case and looked just fine. I use an ear piece so the phone stays in the cargo pocket of my shorts most of the time. i just hope the battery last the way my S4 does. I usually get a full day to 2 days according to use. With putting my phone in a good case, metal or plastic don't make any difference one way or the other. If they use metal I don't care for the silver metal color. I would want anodized black. That silver metal just look crappy to me, like they forgot the color..

I'd expect top notch battery specifications in the GS5 for sure. Smart phones of course seemingly always have battery problems but Samsung flagships as of late don't have this issue. Given the fact that it is likely to get around 400 mah more in battery capacity than the S4 (2600 vs a rumored 3000) I'd say battery life will be excellent. Let's hope

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
And most people will have a case so plastic back, CF back, metal back, faux leather back, any other materials, I'll still be getting a car for any phone.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX (tapatalk)

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
You people act as if taking the back off is the most important feature of a phone haha. If that's really what you want, then I guess this is the handset for you.

But if it's in a case, it's honestly a pain to swap batteries.

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
You people act as if taking the back off is the most important feature of a phone haha. If that's really what you want, then I guess this is the handset for you.

Ya really back removal to me is a non issue, however I do want an SD slot (which does not mean the back has to be removed.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

It's a pain when your battery runs out when you are away from your charger. Messing around with battery charging stations was a pain for me when I last used a phone without a removable battery.

vamp464

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
It's a pain when your battery runs out when you are away from your charger. Messing around with battery charging stations was a pain for me when I last used a phone without a removable battery.

Freeedom. Being tied to an outlet or carrying around an external battery, no thanks anymore.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

It only take 10 secs to replace the battery. I dint see what's so hard about it.

Posted via Android Central App

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Takes me a few seconds to remove my case and maybe a few more to remove the back, very easy and painless. Like shanghaichica said, great option when you are away from a charging source. On my last trip to Europe I was moving around a lot and using my phone a lot. I was very happy to have to option to easily swap out a battery.

This is an option I find important, along with SD card support. I like keeping a lot of music, books and video on my phone. One of the nice thing about Android is to option to buy devices that are better fits for different users needs.

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
It only take 10 secs to replace the battery. I dint see what's so hard about it.

Posted via Android Central App

Regardless it seems silly to even have to think about carrying around an extra battery, its no different than carrying around a small charger and 1ft usb cable.

I would much rather Samsung actually give us a decent battery so that it can last a full day under heavy use (not talking 8 hours gaming sessions) just give me a phone/battery combo that lasts, make the phone 1mm thicker and give us a 3000 mAh+ sized battery . Again I go back to the LG G2 which my wife has, no longer does her battery running out even cross her mind. On days she considers heavy use she still has around 30-40% battery left at the end of the day and typically under normal conditions has well over 50% at the end of the day.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Depending on the case, it could more of a pain to remove it. If you do this daily, you'll scuff up the phone pretty quickly. And as MrSlippery said, it's the same amount of trouble to carry a charger and a battery. I'm never in a situation where I need another battery and could always charge, so it's a null point to me. It's nice that Android offers choices though, I agree.

But many manufacturers are moving away from removable batteries. Consider that a phone could be thinner, pack a bigger battery, and be more solidly built if you didn't have a removable battery. There are reasons why companies do it; it's not just to spite a small group of consumers.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Regardless it seems silly to even have to think about carrying around an extra battery, its no different than carrying around a small charger and 1ft usb cable.

I don't carry an extra battery and prefer to have the option simply because when the performance of the battery starts to deteriorate, I can easily replace the battery and the phone is back to being fully functional AND like new! :) My honest opinion of course!

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't carry an extra battery and prefer to have the option simply because when the performance of the battery starts to deteriorate, I can easily replace the battery and the phone is back to being fully functional AND like new! :) My honest opinion of course!

I will give you that on replacing the battery, however that said you can replace batteries even on phones that do not appear to come apart. Granted its a little more work but still.

End of the day I just want a good battery, removable or not but last :)

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
But many manufacturers are moving away from removable batteries. Consider that a phone could be thinner, pack a bigger battery, and be more solidly built if you didn't have a removable battery. There are reasons why companies do it; it's not just to spite a small group of consumers.

The only reason I can see them moving away from removable batteries is so that the consumer is forced to buy a new phone ever 2 years, or less.