Possible Galaxy S5 leaked (lots of pics)

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
IMO it's very, very ugly, but looks aren't everything I guess.

BhOoIJyCYAAiFqN.png BhOXxcPCcAAqZ54.png BhOYYobCIAAFjfs.jpg BhOZNCZCYAA3RFF.png BhOZq-YCQAA7I97.pngBhObL_jCEAAMiZJ.png BhOfKzMCIAAKkHw.png BhOs6OsCYAAPTHG.png BhOiYZLCYAEErCs.png BhOjwuHCEAA4s56.png

Don't know what their designers are thinking, but I was never really interested in this phone anyway. Enjoy.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Looks alright, still very similar to the S4 though. Its bigger which is better but the gold looking one looks horrible. Wonder if the flash at the back also contans a finger scanner

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
If this is the true S5 then its a step backward.

Also
View attachment 105817

Personally, I don't think it's a step backwards, but I will second this notion of disappointment. I'll be quite honest: I was expecting Samsung to change the design language of their handsets, after people CLEARLY expressed their disappointments with the S4's striking similarity to the S3.

Or, we could just be getting trolled. This wouldn't be the first time that Samsung has done this.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I think it looks nice. The back looks premium and I like the metal trim.

Just like all Samsung phones, I'm willing to bet it's not metal, but rather plastic with metallic paint.

Also, I thought Samsung themselves said that one of the reasons the S4 didn't do as well as they expected was because consumers weren't able to differentiate between the S3 and S4? So then why do they go ahead and make the S5 exactly like the previous two?

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Just like all Samsung phones, I'm willing to bet it's not metal, but rather plastic with metallic paint.

Also, I thought Samsung themselves said that one of the reasons the S4 didn't do as well as they expected was because consumers weren't able to differentiate between the S3 and S4? So then why do they go ahead and make the S5 exactly like the previous two?

Maybe they will have a prime version as rumored?

Yes it does look like all Samsung phones I agree. It doesn't bother me if it's real metal or not. I just like the way it looks. Anyhow whilst the HTC One and iPhone 5S look gorgeous they don't offer me a removable battery or Micro SD card slot and that's one of the reasons why I favour samsung devices. I tried the 5S this year. It was beautiful but seriously lacking in features. I only lasted 28 days and had to get the note 3.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Maybe they will have a prime version as rumored?

Yes it does look like all Samsung phones I agree. It doesn't bother me if it's real metal or not. I just like the way it looks. Anyhow whilst the HTC One and iPhone 5S look gorgeous they don't offer me a removable battery or Micro SD card slot and that's one of the reasons why I favour samsung devices. I tried the 5S this year. It was beautiful but seriously lacking in features. I only lasted 28 days and had to get the note 3.

Exactly how I feel! If HTC offered AT LEAST the sd card slot, I'd def try it out just to try something different other than Samsung!

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Looks ok to me. I don't think we will get a huge design change until they leave the s series behind.

Posted via Android Central App

ErnstMach

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Eww. I don't like it. Also, why in God's name did they feel the need to make it even bigger! The s4 was already big as it is. When I buy the galaxy s series, I want phones, not phablets, please.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Eww. I don't like it. Also, why in God's name did they feel the need to make it even bigger! The s4 was already big as it is. When I buy the galaxy s series, I want phones, not phablets, please.

The s4 was the same size as the s3. Just with a bigger screen.

It was known for a while that it would be bigger.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I hope that isn't what it's going to look like. Looks very similar to the S4 and Note 2 (not really a bad thing, TBH) and IMHO, the flap covering the USB port is pretty much needless. A small thumbs down there.

The textured back, however, reminds me of the first Nexus 7. Theoretically, that should make it feel more premium. That's a subtle but approved thumbs up for me.

Doesn't matter how much you hate the thing anyway. It'll sell millions when it's launched.

Posted via Android Central App on my HTC One running CM11.

Last edited:

BigJohnson

May 16, 2010
Visit site

I was thinking the same thing. If they keep making them bigger, the Galaxy S series will turn into the Note series. Then, the Notes will become full-sized tablets. Plus, it looks ugly. The back looks like a rubber mat that you put in your shower to prevent you from slipping.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing. If they keep making them bigger, the Galaxy S series will turn into the Note series. Then, the Notes will become full-sized tablets. Plus, it looks ugly. The back looks like a rubber mat that you put in your shower to prevent you from slipping.

The back looks a lot like the textured back from the first Nexus 7, FYI. ;)

Posted via Android Central App on my HTC One running CM11.

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
The s4 was the same size as the s3. Just with a bigger screen.

It was known for a while that it would be bigger.

They were not the same size, yes they were close however the S4 was actually thinner and slightly thinner width wise as well compared to the S3.

To be honest we all knew the S5 was going to have a bigger screen however those pictures make it look massive...if the G2 can put a 5.2" screen in what is basically the same size as the S3 why does the S5 look so much bigger.

The overall look of the phone is alright but really put off by the size if these are true, big bezels and overall to me seems like not much attention to detail.

All this said I will reserve any real judgement until we actually see legit information from Samsung.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I think it looks nice. The back looks premium and I like the metal trim.

Couldn't care less. I put a case on it anyway!

Actually, I was thinking of going to Note 3, but some of the features won't work with a good case. My tablet is used differently. But the phone is in and out of my pocket constantly. It needs a real case and protection. I look some of those smart cover, slim book cases for the Note and I shudder. Now that this has a bigger screen, I'm thinking "No note for me!" I might just do S5 instead.

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm a little bit disappointing here, I was hoping to switch from my HTC One back to a galaxy and was hoping huge changes the way Samsung made it sound was like they were planning on changing the design. But honestly it looks like a slightly larger s4.

With that said, i'm sure there is a prime version because "if" there is a water proof one like the ads made it look like, than there has to be another version.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Well now...

-Literally just a larger S4
-Still no on-screen buttons
-Still a physical home button, with a finger-print scanner in it (guess who else just put a finger-print scanner in?)
-Still gingerbread-like, heavily layered UI (from what we've seen)
-Flattened color scheme (guess who else just flattened their color scheme???)
-Plastic, again (not necessarily a bad thing)

Ugh. We'll see what happens at the announcement later, but this is definitely disappointing. Maybe I was naive for expecting a bigger departure. Even HTC, who had imo the best designed Android phone of last year, made more changes than this. The UI cues, finger print scanner in home button and gold color are a less-than subtle straight rip-off of Apple too.