1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Full Galaxy S5 specs

Hey guys,

Was just wondering what you think of this comparison over on a site called Versus.

Do you reckon they are accurate? Looking forward to the announcement later! Hopefully they do something impressive and not just gimmicks like last year!

Default Re: Full Galaxy S5 specs

i dont think iphone 5s is better than s5. i mean it wont be better.
    SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3

Quote Originally Posted by nedia_r View Post
    Hey guys,

Was just wondering what you think of this comparison over on a site called Versus.

Do you reckon they are accurate? Looking forward to the announcement later! Hopefully they do something impressive and not just gimmicks like last year!
    LOL at putting the iphone 5 in the same . with the s5

Honestly, that's an utterly stupid website. Anybody with even a semblance of knowledge knows that blatantly comparing numbers (this cpu has more gigahertz!!), especially between platforms, is completely useless.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yeh sorry I wasn't actually talking about the comparison. It's just that you cannot select a single phone and the iPhone was the first thing that came to mind!

I'm just wondering how accurate the specs of the S5 are!

That iphone 5S sure is a dinky thing! I know may people like them cause they can put them in their hip pocket without cracking the screen as would happen with the SIII the S4 and now the soon to be S5. I see these iphones on hip pockets of people wearing really tight jeans when the get up to leave Starbucks and other such places. I wonder if they take them out of their pockets when they sit in their cars? That site seems to be an iphone lover site to me.

Global Posts
    4,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by nedia_r View Post
    Hey guys,

Are they serious with this comparison. How wrong they are.

Pro 17 reasons for the iphone.
    Dedicated Camera button - where exactly is that?
    64-bit processor - Supports 64-bit - A 32-bit operating system can only support up to 4GB of RAM. 64-bit allows more than 4GB, giving increased performance. It also allows you to run 64-bit applications. So the iPHone has 1Gb of RAM so how is the ability to use 4GB of RAM actually going to be a benefit here?
    iOS 7 Helps tracking the current position of a mobile device - they said yes, and so does every Android device through Device Manager.
    Has a child lock - Where is this magical Child Lock, I have yet to find it.
    Has turn by turn directions - Really, I actually tried using my work issued iPhone to guide me and it failed big time. I put Google Maps on and wow it actually worked.

Not to mention they are basing all of the comparison data on rumors and unsubstantiated details. We of course have just over an hour to go.

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (Rooted) Jelly Bean

You need to understand two *very* important things when looking at that site:

1) all of those items are entered by other users. It looks like I could enter a "Pro" saying that the S5 was able to wipe my **** for me. One of the items listed even says that a completely different Android phone has a better camera lens than the S5, listed under the S5 "pros".

2) several of the items listed are just plain wrong. Several of the "Pros" listed for the iPhone are also on the S5, like being able to locate a lost device or lock the phone, or turn-by-turn directions. The "dual-flash" item shows that whoever entered that doesn't even understand how Apple's dual-flash setup is supposed to work. Also, the Note 2 and 3 and (I believe) the S4 record in slow motion. My Note 3 (like my Note 2 before it) actually records at 240 fps.

I mean, this is actually one of the "Pros" for the iPhone from that site:

Just it feels perfect! Yes vs No I love my iPhone!!!

That should sum it up. That looks like a horrible site. I would recommend not using it for any kind of research.

EDIT: Did this thing really just filter a four-letter word for my rear-end that starts with a "B" and ends with two "T"s?

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

S5 looks nice but I think I will pass to see what else comes out. Hope HTC has something better to offer.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!

Quote Originally Posted by cgardnervt View Post
    S5 looks nice but I think I will pass to see what else comes out. Hope HTC has something better to offer.
    Eh s5 idk i was hoping for better specs honestly but meh