This is the Galaxy S5.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: This is the Galaxy S5

Irks me there is still a 16gb version.....32gb's should be the minimum at this point. But overall good device. I'll take a 32, please!

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

What I like
-1080P screen (better battery life and more ppi then the human eye can see)
-nice size
-kit kat
-new processor
-removeable battery and memory card slot
-water and dust resistant

What I don't like
-TW

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

For me its the size, just too big for that screen. Why are the bezel's so large? They could have kept the same form factor as the S4 and put a 5.1" screen in it, just seems like a mid year refresh not a true S5 to me anyways.

Still overall sounds like a solid phone just nothing to impressive to me.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Damn it!!!! I was hoping for a triangular shaped device with holographic UI......:-\........:) lol

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Don't know why they made the phone that much bigger than the S4 while keeping the screen only slightly larger. Looks good other than the awkward speaker placement.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

He123321

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site

Like the specs and new feature, but I will pass because of the size. My S3 might get replaced by the S4, or a different brand, by lets see what else is out there for us cell phone junkies...

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

Like the specs and new feature, but I will pass because of the size. My S3 might get replaced by the S4, or a different brand, by lets see what else is out there for us cell phone junkies...

Same my S3 for now is staying, still leaning towards the G2 which is more appealing than the S5 has a bigger screen and is smaller. Still want to see the next HTC phone before I pull the trigger however.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Irks me there is still a 16gb version.....32gb's should be the minimum at this point. But overall good device. I'll take a 32, please!

"regular" folks are still fine with 16GB.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Don't know why they made the phone that much bigger than the S4 while keeping the screen only slightly larger. Looks good other than the awkward speaker placement.

Maybe we'll get a good "S5 Mini".

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Really don't see how the s5 is an upgrade from the note 3. It's nearly as big with a smaller screen.

Water and dust resistance.
Better camera and processor.
Fingerprint scanner.
Not sure how important those things are to you though...

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

Really don't see how the s5 is an upgrade from the note 3. It's nearly as big with a smaller screen.

It's not meant to be an upgrade from the Note 3. Those two devices occupy different parts of the market.

It's bigger because of dust and water resistance.

I honestly kind of like how it looks. Need to see how the camera performs in the real world, though.

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

Water and dust resistance.
Better camera and processor.
Fingerprint scanner.
Not sure how important those things are to you though...

I think that might be the issue, for some people those are huge features and others are left wondering why they even released a new phone. To each their own, this phone will have massive sales regardless of what "we" think.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08