Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Default Re: Galaxy S5 Release Dates & Order/Shipping Discussion

I have a question. Why do they announce the device on February 28th and then make us wait over a month for actual release on April 11th?

Global Posts
    6,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by Zylograth View Post
    I have a question. Why do they announce the device on February 28th and then make us wait over a month for actual release on April 11th?
    So you will feel extrememely lucky when you can actually purchase the device and will have less hesitation doing so because of how long you had to wait. OEMs like to do this.

via one of the t@blets
    Live long and prosper.

For what it's worth and to bolster what others have said, I just chatted with a Verizon rep through their website and was told "sometime in April." Hopefully April 11 like everyone else...

I would have to say end of April for Verizon. They need to give the M8 as much time as they can. The S5 will sell itself for Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonebk12 View Post
    For what it's worth and to bolster what others have said, I just chatted with a Verizon rep through their website and was told "sometime in April." Hopefully April 11 like everyone else...

t mobile a better option

FWIW, I received this email from Verizon today. Pre-orders to begin the 1st.

Galaxy S5: Release Dates & Order/Shipping Discussion-gs5.jpg

4/1 pre-orders would be consistent with "open enrollment" for Verizon Edge (for customers who are in mid-contract and not ordinarily upgrade-eligible) ending 3/31.

what i wonder is, they say start shipping the 11th, which is release...wouldn't it make sense to get it to your customers on release day of the 11th? i don't know whether or not to pre-order online, or just goto a store the 11th.

On my pre-order through AT&T it says item will be shipped on 4/8

saw an article today on the web about how there may be a global shiftly by Samsung to an earlier launch date due to the Korean's mutiny!

then the article back peddled and said that it might be a long shot, as this is a very large global launch and it might be too big a ship to turn on a dime. who really knows?!?

i just am hoping that TMobile will ship slightly before 4/11th. i ordered mine at 3am eastern time on the TMo site but it was essentially non-functional for 55 minutes, and i finally got through at 3:55am, but at that time, i forgot to click the Next Day Air option too tired, too frustrated, too late into the night for me! grrrrrr...TMobile really should test their site before such launches. how very incompetent to launch such a "hit phone" only to have their site crash...yet again.

Anyone order their S5 through T-Mobile? I did on the 24th but aside from the EIP Agreement, I got nothing from them. I called today and all they could say was that my order was processed and that it would ship on the 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
    FWIW, I received this email from Verizon today. Pre-orders to begin the 1st.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GS5.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	203.4 KB 
ID:	110141
    Still waiting for Big Red. 😠

Sent from my HTC One

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatone3 View Post
    Still waiting for Big Red. ��

Sent from my HTC One
    Maybe it only applies to government employees

Quote Originally Posted by MK Redding View Post
    Maybe it only applies to government employees
    Or maybe they'll wait to announce tomorrow so no one thinks it's an April Fools prank?

nope guys. nothing about pre-orders on my end. maybe later today? or maybe it was a bs email by a rep who didn't know wtf he was talking about. sigh. I want to preorder it lol

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Samsung Galaxy S5 at Verizon: No Official Release Date As Pre-April 11 Launch Is Being Planned?

This site (never been on it before so I don't know what its reputation is like) is speculating that VZW hasn't announced anything about the S5 because it's contemplating an early release in light of the precedent set by the Korean carriers. Not sure I entirely buy that (especially considering the link to supposed "hints" dropped by VZW is broken), but one can hope...

Considering how late vzw always is with releases I don't think they'll release early. Would surprise me quite a bit if this is true.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hardrocker89 View Post
    Considering how late vzw always is with releases I don't think they'll release early. Would surprise me quite a bit if this is true.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    nope, but who knows..sure surprised me when verizon was given a release date for the G2 that was ahead of the other manufacturers...i was honestly in shock lol

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

According to PhoneDog, the S5 is available unlocked, as of yesterday. Unlocked HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S5 now available from GSM Nation | PhoneDog

"Ordering online is a great way to snag a One (M8) or Galaxy S5 before most other folks, and while it's kind of a bummer that these models don't support LTE in the U.S., the upside is that they're free of preinstalled carrier apps and their updates don't need to go through an operator before being pushed out over the air."

Verizon preorder is open. the potential downer is that they say you will receive it within 2 days of the 11th

Any word on the Sprint release? I'm hoping to get it before the 11th. Last year the s4 shipped early too.

Quote Originally Posted by smalba View Post
    Any word on the Sprint release? I'm hoping to get it before the 11th. Last year the s4 shipped early too.
    I am getting in patient!! I also have Sprint but pre-ordered through Radio Shack. Hoping to get a call the morning of the 11th

Quote Originally Posted by MK Redding View Post
    Verizon preorder is open. the potential downer is that they say you will receive it within 2 days of the 11th
    I know customer service speaks misinformation often, but everyone I've spoken to claims you'll have it day of release. maybe they say that 2 day thing just to cover themselves?

Thats what I'm thinking probably keeps them from being sued
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
    I know customer service speaks misinformation often, but everyone I've spoken to claims you'll have it day of release. maybe they say that 2 day thing just to cover themselves?

The rep I just chatted with said it's supposed to ship on the 11th, but it could ship before then. Real helpful haha. I still will probably get it from Best Buy because I got in on that $50 off a new phone deal before it ended. Hopefully they'll have it on the 11th.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast