Galaxy S5: Huge disappointment, Samsung TOTALLY dropped the ball!

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
....Same horrible physical home button (ughhh), Basically the same capacity battery, a couple more megapixel camera, no improvement to the screen, it's significantly larger and heavier with only a 0.1" bump in screen size. No metal body as had long been rumored, same cheap s*** plastic look and feel as other Galaxy phones. Not a thing to really "move the needle." No 4000Ma battery, no optical image stabalization, no ultra HD screen, etc. In short, a serious piece of s***.
Samsung, you're going to get you *** handed to you by Apple.
This is just pathetic.

Last edited by a moderator:

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: HUGE Disappointment -- Samsung TOTALLY Dropped The Ball

Yes, did they but they continue to bite...learned from Apple.

I'm guessing most of these features will make it's way on to Note 4.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

Not everyone hates the home button. As for the rumored metal body, it was just that, a rumor. It wasn't set in stone that the S5 was gonna have a metal body.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

....Same horrible physical home button (ughhh), Basically the same capacity battery, a couple more megapixel camera, no improvement to the screen, it's significantly larger and heavier with only a 0.1" bump in screen size. No metal body as had long been rumored, same cheap s*** plastic look and feel as other Galaxy phones. Not a thing to really "move the needle." No 4000Ma battery, no optical image stabalization, no ultra HD screen, etc. In short, a serious piece of s***.
This is just pathetic.

"Basically" I guess sums it all up right?

None of the unconfirmed dream features you wanted made it to the actual device so it has to be terrible.

He123321

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site

I love a home button, the specs are OKAY, and the added new features are welcomed. Size is a different matter...

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what you were expecting from one year to another. We have yet to see how this device performs and people are already hating on it. Specs are an upgrade across the board, UI looks to be improved and the material they used looks like the soft touch used on the Nexus.
Definitely not disappointing if you ask me...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site

This is just pathetic.
But will it have the pake plastic ropey design on the back like the Note? Sounds like people won't be standing in line for this bad boy.

ErnstMach

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

"Basically" I guess sums it all up right?

None of the unconfirmed dream features you wanted made it to the actual device so it has to be terrible.

Personally, (I can't speak to OPs opinion) I wasn't expecting ANY dream features, it is Samsung after all. They dropped the ball for me with that fugly design and a feeble attempt at making touchwiz better (but I am happy that they tried). The real deal breaker was size and kitschy build/design work. The HTC M8's bezel that people complain about so much is starting to look a hell of a lot more tolerable now.

Posted via Android Central App

ErnstMach

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

They will still (alas) sell millions

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

Personally, (I can't speak to OPs opinion) I wasn't expecting ANY dream features, it is Samsung after all. They dropped the ball for me with that fugly design and a feeble attempt at making touchwiz better (but I am happy that they tried). The real deal breaker was size and kitschy build/design work. The HTC M8's bezel that people complain about so much is starting to look a hell of a lot more tolerable now.

If the new touchwiz is anything like what's on the Tab Pro I would tell anyone to give it a chance.

And the new back is far better than the shiny plastic of old IMO.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site

Just to be clear, I'm a huge android lover and I was hoping for great things here. I despise all things Apple and wouldn't take an Apple product if you gave it to me. Sammy really blew it big time. The S4 has been a sales disappointment and this is going to be a total bomb.

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

Why in the world would ANYONE that has an S4 get this? Really? What is the ONE selling point? None at all.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

Just to be clear, I'm a huge android lover and I was hoping for great things here. I despise all things Apple and wouldn't take an Apple product if you gave it to me. Sammy really blew it big time. The S4 has been a sales disappointment and this is going to be a total bomb.

The S4 broke sales records. It wasn't a disappointment.

How is this going to be a "total bomb?"

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site

The S4 broke sales records. It wasn't a disappointment .
How is this going to be a "total bomb?"
I read in more than one place that samsung was extremely disappointed in S4 sales, especially after the first month or two. I don't see anything about this phone that's going to get people in the stores to buy it. Nothing

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Why in the world would ANYONE that has an S4 get this? Really? What is the ONE selling point? None at all.

We S3 owners said the same thing when the S4 was released oddly enough.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

....Same horrible physical home button (ughhh)

That's been a part of Samsung's design language for many iterations. Not sure why it's so "horrible". Plus it has the finger print scanner in it now.

Basically the same capacity battery, No 4000Ma battery

So? Does it need one? Hat tip to engineering if this phone can do more longer with essentially the same size battery as the model before.

Plus it's removable, right? You want that massive 4000 mAh battery? Swap one in.

a couple more megapixel camera, no optical image stabalization

Have you seen samples from this new camera yet?

no improvement to the screen, it's significantly larger and heavier with only a 0.1" bump in screen size. no ultra HD screen

Because PPIs over 300 matter?

...No metal body as had long been rumored, same cheap s*** plastic look and feel as other Galaxy phones.

Keyword there: rumored.

In short, a serious piece of s***.
This is just pathetic.

Just watch. Samsung's sales numbers will prove you wrong.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

You probably won't see huge changes until the F series comes out.

I am glad they kept the home button

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Maybe not a selling point that you are interested in, but for me, there are some that interest me :

-water resistant standard
-supports 128gb card
-Fingerprint scanner
-Private mode
-Kids mode

Less important features to me:

-Capable of theoretically 50% faster speeds
-Heart rate sensor
-usb 3.0
-4k video recording
-slightly larger screen and battery

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

But will it have the pake plastic ropey design on the back like the Note? Sounds like people won't be standing in line for this bad boy.

Nobody really stands I'm line for an android phone

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante