What features do you LIKE about the S5

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Since a lot of people seem disappointed, what about the people that actually like the phone...what features do you like the most?

As for me:
- Way better Camera with the focus mode
- PayPal fingerprint payments
- Waterproof (one of my biggest things)
- Private Mode

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Since a lot of people seem disappointed, what about the people that actually like the phone...what features do you like the most?

As for me:
- Way better Camera with the focus mode
- PayPal fingerprint payments
- Waterproof (one of my biggest things)
- Private Mode

The fingerprint scanner, heart beat reader and camera intrigue me the most.

Can't wait to see this device make it into consumer hands and hear real world thoughts.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

AustinSlater25

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I actually like the S5 on paper. What else do people want? Camera, battery and waterproof. Looking forward to seeing it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
1) Fingerprint scanner. Not the most useful or innovative thing but something new, at least for Android.
2) Better camera
3) Soft touch back and traditional Android buttons. Even if they're backwards
4) Better camera
5) Waterproof

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
This isn't a feature, but I like that it's not a clone of the S4 on the outside. That was the biggest reason I didn't like the S4.

As for actual features:

1) Privacy Mode - Even if you don't use aren't those the things you don't want your friends going through anyway?
2) The camera - Assuming it lives up to the hype.
3) Dust and water resistance - No more worrying about the rain.
4) IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE THE S4. :)

tigerinexile

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Camera and water resistance.

Oh, and that black-and-white mode for battery life. Look forward to tablets getting that for additional life when they're being used as an e-reader.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
waterproof definitely. I hope this becomes a more main stream thing for flagships. Not liking how much larger it got for a minor increase in the screen size though, when compared to the s4. Also interested to see if the larger battery actually lasts as long as they say. I love larger batteries though so +1 for samsung on that.

rob damiani

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
oh those buttons! lol, thx. I thought peeps were referring to the Home, menu and back buttons. Thanks zerrisk. But I digress, those buttons are in the same place as well.
From what I see on the picture released, the power is on the right side and volume control is on the left.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
waterproof definitely. I hope this becomes a more main stream thing for flagships. Not liking how much larger it got for a minor increase in the screen size though, when compared to the s4.

The S5 has a recent apps button and a back button while the S4 has a menu button and a back button. Instead of having to hold the home button to access recent apps, you now have a convenient button.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
The S5 has a recent apps button and a back button while the S4 has a menu button and a back button. Instead of having to hold the home button to access recent apps, you now have a convenient button.

and that has what to do with it getting larger for a .1" upgrade in the screen size? The s4 also had similar buttons.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
and that has what to do with it getting larger for a .1" upgrade in the screen size? The s4 also had similar buttons.

No, that happened because they made the phone IP67 water and dust resistant. Fair trade off if you ask me

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I was hoping it would have eye scrolling, because that was an incredibly useful and non gimmicky feature when I wanted to eat chicken wings without having to touch my phone!

Isc73

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I like the camera and how it's pretty much a note pro (the big tablets) in a smaller phone. I hope the note 3 gets the UI changes

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

I quoted the wrong person but as has been said the increase in size is due to the waterproofing and all the extra sensors they added have to go somewhere.