Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S5 will still sell like gangbusters

I went to a Verizon store to get my mom a case for the droid mini she bought, and the clerk handed me a case for galaxy mini. I told her "Samsung doesn't make the droid" and she said "yes, they have a mini now".

The point... Samsung is android in the market's mind.

In spite of all of the different manufacturers and phones I see on Android central, in the real world, I see two different types of phones... IPhone, and Galaxy.

I work with many people, I see many new people every day, and I've never seen an HTC one in the wild. I've never seen an LG g2. Now that I think about it, I see more flip phones or feature phones than non-galaxy androids.

The key is, that this will sell because it's the "new galaxy". People say either "is that the new galaxy?" or "what kind of phone is that?" And when someone answers the name of some android device, the next question is "is it an android phone?"

The truth is that for 99% of the population in the US, Samsung doesn't have to really improve anything. They just have to keep making an awesome camera, and not screw anything up too bad.

So, to all of the negative commenters about this uninspired device... even if people hated the phone, their answer won't be that they should have gotten a different android phone...They will think "I should have just gotten an iPhone". Because that's all there is in the mind of most consumers... galaxy, and iPhone.

End of speech.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-24-2014 at 11:11 PM.
    Thanked by 2:

Default Re: S5 will sill sell like gangbusters

cool

Global Posts
    357 Global Posts

thanks
    The complacency about security among android users is disturbing.

I owned three Samsung phones (the last an S3), but now am a proud owner of an LG G2... A Galaxy S4 isn't in the same league. Galaxy batteries absolutely suck , their charging ports suck, their SD card slots suck, etc. Samsung has to convince the public with a billion dollar Ad campaign their phones don't suck! I would challenge any Galaxy owner to compare their beloved phone against the LG G2 and I will guarantee, your phone in every way, will get trounced...did I mention the LG G3 is right around the corner, and if you choose the Samsung S5 Titanic, you better hope for a life raft, cause the G3 will bring the biggest iceberg you have ever seen. Lol! Hey, it's a free country, choose what you want, but I was once the biggest Samsung fanboy this side of an Epic 4G!!!

Global Posts
    764 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimgravy View Post
    I owned three Samsung phones (the last an S3), but now am a proud owner of an LG G2... A Galaxy S4 isn't in the same league. Galaxy batteries absolutely suck , their charging ports suck, their SD card slots suck, etc. Samsung has to convince the public with a billion dollar Ad campaign their phones don't suck! I would challenge any Galaxy owner to compare their beloved phone against the LG G2 and I will guarantee, your phone in every way, will get trounced...did I mention the LG G3 is right around the corner, and if you choose the Samsung S5 Titanic, you better hope for a life raft, cause the G3 will bring the biggest iceberg you have ever seen. Lol! Hey, it's a free country, choose what you want, but I was once the biggest Samsung fanboy this side of an Epic 4G!!!
    You'll lose this battle with anyone who wants a removable battery and memory card slot

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    5,537 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Batteries don't suck on the Galaxy line, they just don't have as much capacity. It's obvious that they won't last as long. Either way, my S4 gets exceptional battery life with the stock battery

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever

OK let me clarify my thoughts...Samsung phones, in their entirety, suck! When you return an S3 four times, I define that as SUCK!! When the keyboard on an Epic 4G falls off and hits my cat on the head, my cat would say Samsung phones suck also!! How about buying a phone with real battery capacity so you aren't running around like a fool gasping for air looking for an outlet to plug your phone in! Geez, their marketing department can pull the wool over some eyes so tightly, they can make you laugh when you smash your toe into the coffee table, GEEZ!!!

Global Posts
    5,537 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

OK let me clarify my thoughts...Samsung phones, in their entirety, suck! When you return an S3 four times, I define that as SUCK!! When the keyboard on an Epic 4G falls off and hits my cat on the head, my cat would say Samsung phones suck also!! How about buying a phone with real battery capacity so you aren't running around like a fool gasping for air looking for an outlet to plug your phone in! Geez, their marketing department can pull the wool over some eyes so tightly, they can make you laugh when you smash your toe into the coffee table, GEEZ!!!
    I charge my battery about once every two days, and even then, I just swap the battery. I'm not "running around gasping for air." Having a bad experience is one thing. I know tons of people with S3s and S4s and not one of them has had to send their phones back for any issues...

i have the s3 since launch, i dropped it like a million times, and it still works like it did the day i got it.
    deeb215 and Rick Bell like this.

My S3 is still dope! I just recently replaced the battery and its running like new!

Illustrator Joe likes this.

Default Re: Galaxy S5 will still sell like gangbusters

And this is why the word sheep comes in, i have heard iphone users being called sheep,because they flock to a name and buy into marketing,so because the s5 will sell billions the whole world should run out and buy it,i currently own the htc droid DNA and LG G2 and are very pleased with them,maybe if some of these sheep would look past the name, they will see there are other makers of smartphones that are far better,i could never understand why people buy into marketing, i buy into the phone that i like best regardless to who makes it.

Quote Originally Posted by 20blks View Post
    You'll lose this battle with anyone who wants a removable battery and memory card slot

a removable batt and memory card is really better to be honest
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    764 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alicepattinson View Post
    a removable batt and memory card is really better to be honest
    I totally agree with you

delete

lol calm down killer! you sound a bit ridiculous honestly smh

Quote Originally Posted by 20blks View Post

agreed, this is why I like Samsungs so much, but Im unimpressed with the S5

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Batteries don't suck on the Galaxy line, they just don't have as much capacity. It's obvious that they won't last as long. Either way, my S4 gets exceptional battery life with the stock battery

Im rooted but my S4 also gets great battery life

why you trolling an S5 thread?

I charge my battery about once every two days, and even then, I just swap the battery. I'm not "running around gasping for air." Having a bad experience is one thing. I know tons of people with S3s and S4s and not one of them has had to send their phones back for any issues...

do you use it much? I mean come on man, once every two days.........

Quote Originally Posted by ab304945 View Post
    i have the s3 since launch, i dropped it like a million times, and it still works like it did the day i got it.
    while the build quality seems and looks bad, Samsung phones are tough

Global Posts
    5,537 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post

do you use it much? I mean come on man, once every two days.........
    Yeah, lately I've been doing it a little more often, but usually more than a day and a half. That's with around 6-7 hours of screen time. which is a lot if you ask me.

Yeah, lately I've been doing it a little more often, but usually more than a day and a half. That's with around 6-7 hours of screen time. which is a lot if you ask me.

lol yeah sorry, I gotta call bs! you ain't getting 6-7hrs screen time on a stock battery, sorry not buying it dude, if you are it's in airplane mode on wifi

Sent from my S4 using tapatalk
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,191 Global Posts

No. That S5 is an embarrassment. They should have called it an S4S. Or S3S+. Or S4+ Active. Samsung is DOOMED. TOTAL FAIL SAMSUNG!

a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    dsignori, deeb215 and MERCDROID like this.

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    No. That S5 is an embarrassment. They should have called it an S4S. Or S3S+. Or S4+ Active. Samsung is DOOMED. TOTAL FAIL SAMSUNG!

I feel compelled to point out that the sarcasm is going to fly WAAAAAAYYYYYYY over somebody's head, lol.
    Motorola Razr V3-->Blackberry Pearl 8130-->Blackberry Tour 9630-->Droid Pro-->Droid X-->Rooted Droid 4-->Galaxy S3-->GSM Galaxy Nexus (Stock 4.3)-->Nexus 4 16GB (Stock 4..4)-->Nexus 5 (Stock 4.4.2)-->Note 3 (Stock 4.4.2)-->Nokia Lumia 1520 (Red)

Toshiba Satellite Win Vista-->HP Touchpad w/ CM 9 Alpha 1-->Motorola Xoom Wifi-->Toshiba Satellite Win7-->Acer Ubuntu/Chromebook-->Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1-->Toshiba Satellite Win8-->Ubuntu 13.10/Nexus 7 16GB (2013)-->Samsung Chromebook-->Asus Republic of Gamers/iPad Mini with Retina Display
    Thanked by 2:
    dsignori, Ry, deeb215 and 2 others like this.

Global Posts
    5,537 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
    lol yeah sorry, I gotta call bs! you ain't getting 6-7hrs screen time on a stock battery, sorry not buying it dude, if you are it's in airplane mode on wifi

Sent from my S4 using tapatalk
    This doesn't prove it's a stock battery, but you'll have to take my word for it. I have no reason to lie...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Galaxy S5 will still sell like gangbusters-1393368752017.jpg   Galaxy S5 will still sell like gangbusters-1393368765276.jpg  

Thanked by 2:
    Premium1Ry 
    Ry and MERCDROID like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp70 View Post
    I went to a Verizon store to get my mom a case for the droid mini she bought, and the clerk handed me a case for galaxy mini. I told her "Samsung doesn't make the droid" and she said "yes, they have a mini now".

The point... Samsung is android in the market's mind.

In spite of all of the different manufacturers and phones I see on Android central, in the real world, I see two different types of phones... IPhone, and Galaxy.

I work with many people, I see many new people every day, and I've never seen an HTC one in the wild. I've never seen an LG g2. Now that I think about it, I see more flip phones or feature phones than non-galaxy androids.

The key is, that this will sell because it's the "new galaxy". People say either "is that the new galaxy?" or "what kind of phone is that?" And when someone answers the name of some android device, the next question is "is it an android phone?"

The truth is that for 99% of the population in the US, Samsung doesn't have to really improve anything. They just have to keep making an awesome camera, and not screw anything up too bad.

So, to all of the negative commenters about this uninspired device... even if people hated the phone, their answer won't be that they should have gotten a different android phone...They will think "I should have just gotten an iPhone". Because that's all there is in the mind of most consumers... galaxy, and iPhone.

End of speech.
    I agree. Samsung is like the new apple. They can make a phone that the tech geeks say "oh this sucks it is awful" but the majority of consumers will see it and recognize it as "being android" and go for that over the g2 or htc one which tech sites claimed to be better. It is hard being the little guy, but i guess samsung can get a pass because they are so big and even with some claiming the s5 a "disappointment" it will still be the best selling android of all time, just like the s4 was last year and the s3 was before that. Not to mention samsung is doing what others refuse to do, offer removable battery and sd card slot. And although to many that is not a big deal, to a lot of the older and less cloud based users, they see this as a great thing and just one more reason samsung sells devices like crazy.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    I agree. Samsung is like the new apple. They can make a phone that the tech geeks say "oh this sucks it is awful" but the majority of consumers will see it and recognize it as "being android" and go for that over the g2 or htc one which tech sites claimed to be better. It is hard being the little guy, but i guess samsung can get a pass because they are so big and even with some claiming the s5 a "disappointment" it will still be the best selling android of all time, just like the s4 was last year and the s3 was before that. Not to mention samsung is doing what others refuse to do, offer removable battery and sd card slot. And although to many that is not a big deal, to a lot of the older and less cloud based users, they see this as a great thing and just one more reason samsung sells devices like crazy.
    On screen buttons, metal design, 3GB of RAM, OIS, a 3500 mah battery, 32GB of storage, and vanilla Android. If I released a phone like that, without people even looking at it, the tech world would be all ears. Except phones like that don't sell even close to as well as what Samsung has been doing. So they refined a lot of their strengths, eliminated most of their weaknesses, and added some useful features. They'll sell a ton regardless of whether people here want one or not.

dsignori and MERCDROID like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Adranalyne View Post
    On screen buttons, metal design, 3GB of RAM, OIS, a 3500 mah battery, 32GB of storage, and vanilla Android. If I released a phone like that, without people even looking at it, the tech world would be all ears. Except phones like that don't sell even close to as well as what Samsung has been doing. So they refined a lot of their strengths, eliminated most of their weaknesses, and added some useful features. They'll sell a ton regardless of whether people here want one or not.

Sad thing is even with that device people would complain and be disappointed. 3gb of ram? why not 4? 3500mah battery? should have been bigger. People set unrealistic expectations and only have themselves to be upset with when the phone released is a "disappointment"
    dsignori, MERCDROID and Xzibit3 like this.

Global Posts
    5,537 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by Adranalyne View Post

If there's a GPE the next One should be pretty close to that. Minus the battery of course

This doesn't prove it's a stock battery, but you'll have to take my word for it. I have no reason to lie...

Kilt him with proof

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast