Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By D13H4RD2L1V3
  • 2 Post By smooth4lyfe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default I'm not impressed with Galaxy S5

    With all the leaks that we got, I'm disappointed with what it came up with. Where is the QHD screen, 3GB of team, Snapdragon 805? Why do we still have flagship phones with 16GB storage? I also think these OEMs have messed up Android. Why can't we uninstall bloatware? With Samsung apps taking so much space, we are being robbed of valuable storage here. We don't use all these builtin Apps.

    Sent from my C1905 using AC Forums mobile app
  2. #2  

    Default

    I think a ton of people on this website pretty much loathes everything Samsung makes, except the Note series.

    I honestly think this phone was WAY too overhyped. The SD 805 probably wasn't ready in time and QHD screens on 5" displays make absolutely ZERO sense whatsoever. 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage was probably done to avoid making the phone a smaller Note 3, which IMO, if true, is absolutely stupid.
    Sent from my Lenovo IdeaPad Y410P/HTC One running InsertCoin 2.5 Sense 6.
    trandz likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: I'm not impressed with Galaxy S 5

    Quote Originally Posted by ndira View Post
    With all the leaks that we got, I'm disappointed with what it came up with. Where is the QHD screen, 3GB of team, Snapdragon 805? Why do we still have flagship phones with 16GB storage? I also think these OEMs have messed up Android. Why can't we uninstall bloatware? With Samsung apps taking so much space, we are being robbed of valuable storage here. We don't use all these builtin Apps.

    Sent from my C1905 using AC Forums mobile app
    Blame the rumors and carriers for that
    As for the storage thing, I blame Samsung

    Like already said, people had way too high expectations because of the rumors...one thing I have learned

    I'm not impressed with Galaxy S5-tumblr_m4pikszi521qdm61io1_500.gif
    - Using the Sony Xperia Z3! -
    Thanked by:
    UJ95x 
    AlphaVictor87 and rob damiani like this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: I'm not impressed with Galaxy S 5

    Something needs to be done about these builtin Apps which eat up space. I'm struggling with my phone because the whole two gigs is gone and I'm left with only two gigabytes.

    Sent from my C1905 using AC Forums mobile app
  5. #5  

    Default Re: I'm not impressed with Galaxy S 5

    Quote Originally Posted by ndira View Post
    Something needs to be done about these builtin Apps which eat up space. I'm struggling with my phone because the whole two gigs is gone and I'm left with only two gigabytes.

    Sent from my C1905 using AC Forums mobile app
    What phone do you have that only has 8 gb of storage?

    Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
  6. #6  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,724 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: I'm not impressed with Galaxy S 5

    Quote Originally Posted by mynameis View Post
    What phone do you have that only has 8 gb of storage?

    Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
    2+2 = 4
    To answer your question, there are a lot of lower end phones with less than 8 GB of storage

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  7. #7  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,724 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: I'm not impressed with Galaxy S 5

    Quote Originally Posted by ndira View Post
    With all the leaks that we got, I'm disappointed with what it came up with. Where is the QHD screen, 3GB of team, Snapdragon 805? Why do we still have flagship phones with 16GB storage? I also think these OEMs have messed up Android. Why can't we uninstall bloatware? With Samsung apps taking so much space, we are being robbed of valuable storage here. We don't use all these builtin Apps.

    Sent from my C1905 using AC Forums mobile app
    QHD display and 3GB of RAM aren't necessary. 1080p and 2GB is more than enough.
    Qualcomm said the 805 wouldn't be ready until Q4, so Idk why people were expecting that. The 801 is still faster than anything else on the market.

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  8. #8  

    Default Re: I'm not impressed with Galaxy S 5

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    2+2 = 4
    To answer your question, there are a lot of lower end phones with less than 8 GB of storage

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    ah, for some reason I saw 4 and 4. I've always been bad at math. but I guess that's true. I do remember my LG Optimus S and I think it had like 656 mgb of storage. :/

    Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
  9. #9  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,724 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: I'm not impressed with Galaxy S 5

    Quote Originally Posted by mynameis View Post
    ah, for some reason I saw 4 and 4. I've always been bad at math. but I guess that's true. I do remember my LG Optimus S and I think it had like 656 mgb of storage. :/

    Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
    My previous phone had 2GB of storage I think, and less than 1 available for apps

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-19-2014, 04:10 PM
  2. Samsung Galaxy S3 will not gain/maintain charge
    By thepianoman91 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-01-2014, 03:03 AM
  3. Constant annoyance with uploading and finding music on my Galaxy S3
    By iainhasaface in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-28-2014, 05:21 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-25-2014, 07:45 PM

Posting Permissions