Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default To all those who complain about the Galaxy S5 being plastic

    For all those who complain about the new galaxy being plastic ,you can stop. You are given a removable back cover for a reason,because you can replace it.

    Zomgo Galaxy S4 Ultra Thin Metal case

    Cases like the one above,completely satisfy your concerns in my opinion. You can have metal,plastic,whatever you want,because you are given a removable cover. So please, let those who enjoy plastic, use plastic,and for those who want metal, just wait for the s5 version of this to be released. And I'm sure there will also be plenty on amazon as we'll.

    It's time that as a group,we move past this ,you were given a removable cover for a reason, use it


    Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-01-2014 at 01:17 AM.
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

    I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
    Thanked by:
  2. #2  

    Default Re: To all those who complain about the s5 being plastic

    The Nexus 5 is plastic. The G2 is plastic. The Moto X is plastic. All have very similar designs, yet there's no outrage for any of them.

    "But they're comfortable in the hand!"

    How many of you have held an S5? Those that have generally seem to agree it feels good in the hand. Most of the hate towards plastic, as it pertains to Samsung, was because they chose slimy, fingerprint magnets as back plates. They didn't this time and that's evident. It was evident in the Note 3, too.

    Stop hating on something because some tech nerd that blogs for a website tells you to.

    Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: To all those who complain about the s5 being plastic

    Quote Originally Posted by Adranalyne View Post
    The Nexus 5 is plastic. The G2 is plastic. The Moto X is plastic. All have very similar designs, yet there's no outrage for any of them.

    "But they're comfortable in the hand!"

    How many of you have held an S5? Those that have generally seem to agree it feels good in the hand. Most of the hate towards plastic, as it pertains to Samsung, was because they chose slimy, fingerprint magnets as back plates. They didn't this time and that's evident. It was evident in the Note 3, too.

    Stop hating on something because some tech nerd that blogs for a website tells you to.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Most people use cases anyway,and I understand plastic is good. I don't get why people complain,but that's besides the point, everyone has the option to switch and use metal or any other available back plate they want


    Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

    I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
  4. #4  

    Default Re: To all those who complain about the s5 being plastic

    Nice looking case but my particular worry would be impact resistance!
    Last edited by GrooveRite; 02-28-2014 at 09:59 PM.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: To all those who complain about the s5 being plastic

    Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    This looking case but my particular worry would be impact resistance!
    There's a lot of negatives to metal backs,such as scratches showing up,etc.


    Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

    I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
  6. #6  

    Default Re: To all those who complain about the s5 being plastic

    go with the metal back, you lose NFC.
    Thanked by:
  7. #7  

    Default Re: To all those who complain about the s5 being plastic

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    There's a lot of negatives to metal backs,such as scratches showing up,etc.


    Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk
    And dents in the aluminum as opposed to plastic being able to rebound from small impacts.

    Ohh but whaa the rumors arnt true? But I thought they couldn't put anything on the internet that isn't true?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: To all those who complain about the s5 being plastic

    Quote Originally Posted by ab304945 View Post
    go with the metal back, you lose NFC.
    I wonder how many people even use NFC ? I've personally never used it in any of my devices


    Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

    I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
  9. #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    I wonder how many people even use NFC ? I've personally never used it in any of my devices


    Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk
    I use nfc tags to switch between mode profiles for normal/car/class/home.

    And I use bump now that I have bump unlimiter in my xposed fraimwork modules.

    Nfc was actualy a selling point of my phone. [ note ii]

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: To all those who complain about the s5 being plastic

    Quote Originally Posted by prepaidguy9081 View Post
    I use nfc tags to switch between mode profiles for normal/car/class/home.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4
    Oh ok,my phone ins set to vibrate and no volume unless it's ringing at all times


    Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

    I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
  11. #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    Oh ok,my phone ins set to vibrate and no volume unless it's ringing at all times


    Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk
    Its not just the ring volume my profiles change. And I forgot game that auto starts sixaxis and an emulator menu.

    Home and normal change my email from non push in class and car to push, ect.

    Its pretty convenient

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: To all those who complain about the s5 being plastic

    Quote Originally Posted by prepaidguy9081 View Post
    Its not just the ring volume my profiles change. And I forgot game that auto starts sixaxis and an emulator menu.

    Home and normal change my email from non push in class and car to push, ect.

    Its pretty convenient

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4
    Oh ok. Any particular reason you set your email to non push in class?


    Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

    I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
  13. #13  

    Default Re: To all those who complain about the s5 being plastic

    I wasn't able to wirelessly charge my phone when I had the metal kickstand installed on my Kraken case

    Fully metal cases may reduce signal strength

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Similar Threads

  1. AT&T Note 3: Can't Connect to Mobile Data
    By Crandaddy in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-07-2014, 02:38 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-04-2014, 07:39 PM
  3. HTC One V - all apps crash
    By GregDD in forum HTC One V
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-04-2014, 08:46 AM
  4. Those who have upgraded from a Galaxy S3 to a quadcore phone?
    By Nemesis-X in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-28-2014, 10:13 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-28-2014, 06:49 PM

Posting Permissions