Will you get the Galaxy S5 the day it is available for your carrier, or wait....

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Really, AT&T is weeks behind on shipping the 32GB version? The reps said both would be out on release day. If not then I have to wait since I will NOT get a 16GB phone ever.

I did a quick google search and found an Engadget article about the Galaxy S4 on AT&T and they launched both 16GB & 32GB at the same time priced $50 apart so I suspect we will get both on launch day. Makes sense to get the sales early.

GuilderlandNY

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
The 16G S4 only had 8G available space after the new TW. I did not find it too odd that the 32G version was "available" after the return window closed for those who bought a 16G on day one. There was much gnashing of teeth in these forums.

Last edited:

danibal

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
What kind of issues are you having with your S3? Hardware or software?

Hardware I think. It's having trouble with any SD card I put into the device. I've been trying to take videos or pictures and half the time they save, other times it freezes my entire phone and never saves the video. If I save it to my phone it mostly works, but even then it freezes. I've done a hard reset of my phone and still nothing. It's still a great phone, but I'm ready to move on.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Hardware I think. It's having trouble with any SD card I put into the device. I've been trying to take videos or pictures and half the time they save, other times it freezes my entire phone and never saves the video. If I save it to my phone it mostly works, but even then it freezes. I've done a hard reset of my phone and still nothing. It's still a great phone, but I'm ready to move on.

Damn, that sucks! Sorry to hear. The only time I have ever had problems with my SD card on my S3 was when I've dropped my phone. 3 times as a matter of fact. Scared the hell out of me each time since I read these boards and know about the various (SD card) problems, lol! I think it probably dislodges the card slightly so a quick shutdown and readjust of the card has fixed the problem for me. Good luck with your next device!

danibal

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Damn, that sucks! Sorry to hear. The only time I have ever had problems with my SD card on my S3 was when I've dropped my phone. 3 times as a matter of fact. Scared the hell out of me each time since I read these boards and know about the various (SD card) problems, lol! I think it probably dislodges the card slightly so a quick shutdown and readjust of the card has fixed the problem for me. Good luck with your next device!

Yeah, I'm pretty careful with my phone. I actually really like the phone and will probably keep it long after I upgrade. I only use the phone for quick pictures or video since I have much better equipment for both of those, so it's not a huge deal. But since my work will also pay for a new phone for me, I might as well take advantage and get that new phone.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
While we can't believe everything we read JK Shin says NO to a F Series or Prime or whatever we wan to call it. One GS5 this year and thats it. Maybe the GN4 will be metal , not likely.

haevolution

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I'll be pre-ordering as soon as it's possible to do so. Only feature I have to have is the water-resistance which will be great for biking, working out, etc. I hate being constantly worried about water damage to my S4. Otherwise I probably wouldn't bother upgrading as the S4 is fine in all other regards.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Ummm.... do you guys rally believe he'd just be like... YEAH WE'RE RELEASING A PRIME S5... uhhh no. The S5 would barely sell, so obviously they are keeping it under wraps if it is real.

BludyAm

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I got my Note 3 when the local Verizon store was doing "Free Galaxy Gear" giveaway for new Note 3 buyers..

I'll wait a bit to see if they'd do something similar (Free Fit would be NICE!!)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Waiting to see what comes out, which carrier offers what I want and I may even just wait for the GN4 or get the GS5 now and trade in for the GN4 in the fall when they improve on an already great thing.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
When did Verizon do that? I never saw that at my local Verizon stores.

It was at select Verizon Wireless stores when the Note 3 was released. None of the stores around me did it, either.

Is it true costco doesnt tax us on full price of phone but everyone else does? Cant decide who to get the s5 from

Posted via Android Central App

It depends on where you live. Massachusetts is the only state that I know of where this would be a possibility (I think that there are other retailers that don't charge tax on the full price other than Costco, though).

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I would purchase right on release day but im going to wait until after April 23, I want to see what the OnePlus One brings to the table and if it is truly as good as the hype says it will be.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38