Will you get the Galaxy S5 the day it is available for your carrier, or wait....

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Will you get the GS5 the day it is available for your carrier, or wait....

To see if there will be a "Prime"?!

I'm not due an upgrade until October so I guess I dont have much option :p It's a good time to get an upgrade as more or less all phones will be out for 2014.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

I'm not due an upgrade until October so I guess I dont have much option :p It's a good time to get an upgrade as more or less all phones will be out for 2014.

Well for sprint you can pay $15 per month to upgrade early (ex: your upgrade is in October but you wanna get a phone in August you pay $30 for early upgrade fee).

Sent from a Galaxy 4 light years away

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

The problem is, if we wait, then the next device will be announced as well and we will wonder if that is what we want. The way the products have come out, waiting is a losing battle as something seems to come out every couple of months. Make the choice and try and be happy with the choice you made.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

I hate the fact the Samsung doesn't release the "prime" version at the same time they release the original GS5, if they even release it...must be some business strategy

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I think I'm going to pass on the S5. I'm happy with my two devices for now (Galaxy Note3 and iPhone 5s). The next best thing will have to wait....SMILE

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

My upgrade became available this Month (March 1) but I'm going to clamp down and dig myself in a trench hole and wait it out till the Note 4 is released. Hopefully by then, I'll be closer to next years devices and wait a few more months for a better device than this years selections! :p lol!

vamp464

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

Can't really go wrong with any new flagship, so I'll hafta wait and see how the HTC and others pan out first. Definitely a challenge considering the daily drivers are a 4S and S3.

Fdmstng99

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm going to wait to see what everyone impressions are before I buy. I want the white S5 but want the black front so I will also wait to see when I'll be able to buy a replacement white back for the black back.

cmhsam

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

Day #1. I will line up the night before

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Day 1...Every year I get them day 1...But I want the gold but want to put a black back on it...The gold has gold around the home bottom and trim in the front gold

Posted via Android Central App

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
There is always something better around the corner and honestly I don't need a 2k or 4k display and I put my phones in a case so I don't get into the whole metal vs plastic debate. Besides in time we will see even better phones from Samsung so if I waited I would be waiting forever.

danibal

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm going to be getting mine day 1 (after some serious thought into waiting). I'm also going to probably pick up the new Gear watch. This is a good enough upgrade to my S3 (which is starting to have issues) that I'm just going to pick it up as soon as possible. Still haven't decided on the color, either black or blue probably (although since I put a case on, who knows if it matters).

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm going to be getting mine day 1 (after some serious thought into waiting). I'm also going to probably pick up the new Gear watch. This is a good enough upgrade to my S3 (which is starting to have issues) that I'm just going to pick it up as soon as possible. Still haven't decided on the color, either black or blue probably (although since I put a case on, who knows if it matters).

What kind of issues are you having with your S3? Hardware or software?

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been waiting in line at the sprint store since the 24th. The employees now bring me coffee every morning. C'mon man, I need the stuff!

GuilderlandNY

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Will have to wait a bit for the 32G model to come out. At AT$T, that would be 3 to 4 weeks after the 16G model debuts, if the S4 launch is the example. Its not all bad though - that gives a little time for real user reviews and some cheaper cases and other accessories to come on the scene.