Why do people hate the Galaxy S5?

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I agree that their UI name "touchwiz" doesn't sound very good to many of us. I think they should try new better name.
Also there is no version number of each version adding to confusion. S2 and S3 came with newer versions though S4 didn't change much in UI. But Touchwiz on S5 is very different than S4, much lighter and faster.

Jeff Harris

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
My first Droid was the Samsung moment HORRIBLE phone. Went to the HTC EVO, then to the HTC EVO LTE. The evo LTE, although a mostly great phone, (which I actually kept an entire contract w/sprint) had some issues. I was leaning towards getting the S5 may 1 when I can upgrade. I love the m8,and would like to check it out, but I use the camera a ton, so the s5 might win this time.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
KNOX.........

That's why I hate Samsung and will never buy another Samsung device.

Care to elaborate? I've never owned a Samsung device. I don't even really know what Knox is other than that it's some corporate security feature.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Changing the launching just does that...changes the launcher. If you have a real disdain for TouchyWiz then changing the launcher will not fix that.

via the phone ⚪

If they have that much of a dislike for Touchwiz, then they should get another brand of phone. There are a lot of other other phones to choose from.

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I use the Nova launcher and the phone and contacts from touch wiz don't bother me. I do turn off All animations n the phone and I will be doing the same on the S5.

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
After the M8 was even more disappointing, I am starting to come around on the s5. It really did grow on me and dont find it as ugly as I used to when it was announced. Might pick it up off contract and flip my 1020 for around 350$. Essentially I'd spend only 100$ more than upgrade price and not have to sign a contract.

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Sadly nothing will slow apple down when it comes to flinging more pooh at Samsung over lawsuits. They could make the next Galaxy devices ROUND and they would still SUE.

I believe lawsuits are increasingly becoming a part of doing business in the smartphone industry. Every company should expect lawsuits. Samsung will simply design their phones in a way to reduce their legal vulnerability. The iPhone doesn't have an AMOLED screen, SD card slot, or user-replaceable batteries, so it's not surprising that Samsung phones do. In my opinion, those are an example of features that help protect Samsung in court.

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Samsung dropped the 16GB version of the Galaxy Note series so its time to drop the 16GB of the Galaxy S series as well. Make 32GB the standard (or should we say 23-25GB depending on carrier bloatware).

Some people may prefer a 16 GB option simply because it's cheaper. The problem is that carriers often don't give people a choice. They may only carry one version of a phone, and you're just stuck with whatever storage it comes with.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Easy. They got heavily criticized for not changing the S4 and they continued to ignore it with the S5.

If you think about it's basically an S4 with a new Back Cover.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Easy. They got heavily criticized for not changing the S4 and they continued to ignore it with the S5.

This is by far the most ignorant post. This same level of ignorance was shown by all the tech sites upon the S5's release.
As it turns out the S5 is a complete upgrade over the S4. The S5 has the world's best display on a smartphone, has longer battery life than the Note 3, a vastly improved camera and touchwiz is finally a speedy experience.

So now tell me, is it just an S4 with a different back cover?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

anon(8702321)

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

I have to agree with the person above. People need to physically experience what the phone has to offer before they give it any negative rating unless it's just about the design, otherwise there's really no other thing that would make sense to argue about.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
The camera is significantly better. The UI is smoother and not nearly as ugly. The screen, while spec-wise not that much different, is a lot better. It's got a larger battery and more efficient screen/CPU. It has a fingerprint scanner. The back of the phone is far improved and actually very comfortable to hold.

It doesn't have anything mind blowing that will change the game, but they refined their device to address almost all the concerns of the S4. The device runs faster and more efficiently. The camera is a lot better. The battery will most likely last a bit longer. These are all things I appreciate and so do most people.

There's really no reason to hate this device. It's just become the "cool" thing to do and people bandwagon like crazy.

Last edited:

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Well in that case nobody should buy an htc because of how awful their devices were in the past (thunderbolt ring a bell) every company makes a crap device once or twice, and yes even apple with the iPhone 4 antenna issue.

The antenna issue was not that bad, and it was easily rectified by a case which most people used anyway.

Plus that is one of the most successful phones ever.

But I digress. Not a Samsung fan and I hate Touchwiz but I will be buying either the S5 or M8. I'll just use Nova or GEL anyway. Looks like a solid phone.

Tapin and Talkin on my Gold iPhone 5s